Donna McKechnie BBC radio interview

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pljms

Donna McKechnie BBC radio interview

Post by pljms »

Dancer and singer Donna Mckechnie, who featured in both the Broadway and London productions of 'Promises, Promises', was interviewed yesterday (Sunday 16th May) on BBC Radio 2's Russell Davies Show. The interview lasted about forty-five minutes during which the original Broadway cast recording of 'Turkey Lurkey Time' was played and 'PP' was discussed. You can hear the show again on the net, via BBC Radio's 'Listen Again' service.

Paul
Paul
Sara Dale

Re Donna McKechnie interview

Post by Sara Dale »

Having missed her cabaret performance at the Pizza on the Park last month I was glad I caught the interview. She came across as a remarkably positive and brave person, especially in the light of having had to deal with being diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis at the height of her career. I remember as a thirteen year-old going with my parents to see the London production of 'Promises, Promises' Christmas 1969 and I can still picture the lovely Donna with her two colleagues bringing the house down with 'Turkey Lurkey Time'.
Sara