3 Divas Tour This Summer

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

3 Divas Tour This Summer

Post by warbachavid »

Meanwhile, Natalie Cole told last night's "Access Hollywood" that she'll tour this summer with Whitney Houston and Dionne Warwick. The tour kicks off in Germany in July. "She's really doing great," Cole says of Houston. "She's a strong woman and she has a great desire to really get healthy and get well . . . "
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Natalie Cole tags up with Whitney Houston and Dionne Warwick

Updated at 2:49 on May 19, 2004, EST.

NEW YORK (AP) - Natalie Cole says she'll tour this summer with Whitney Houston and Dionne Warwick.

"Yes, Whitney, Dionne Warwick and myself," the singer told Access Hollywood in an interview to air Tuesday night. Excerpts were released in advance by the syndicated entertainment TV show. "It starts in Germany in July. We're going to have . . . a great, great time. It's going to be fun." Cole said one reason she decided to do the tour is her close relationship with Houston.

"I said yes because that's my buddy," she said. "I've always thought of Whitney as my little sister. I've known her since she was 19, and . . . I feel really good that when they asked who she would want to be on the show with her, she said me."

Cole said Houston is on the road to recovery after beginning treatment at a drug rehabilitation centre in March.

"She's doing really great. She's a strong woman and she has a great desire to really get healthy and get well, so I'm just really happy for her."

© The Canadian Press, 2004
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

NEW YORK (AP) -- Natalie Cole says she'll tour this summer with Whitney Houston and Dionne Warwick.

"Yes, Whitney, Dionne Warwick and myself," the singer told "Access Hollywood" in an interview to air Tuesday night. Excerpts were released in advance by the syndicated entertainment TV show.

"It starts in Germany in July. We're going to have ... a great, great time. It's going to be fun."

Cole said one reason she decided to do the tour is her close relationship with Houston.

"I said `yes' because that's my buddy," she said. "I've always thought of Whitney as my little sister. I've known her since she was 19, and ... I feel really good that when they asked who she would want to be on the show with her, she said me."

Cole said Houston is on the road to recovery after beginning treatment at a drug rehabilitation center in March.

"She's doing really great. She's a strong woman and she has a great desire to really get healthy and get well, so I'm just really happy for her."

------
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Whitney Houston / Natalie Cole / Dionne Warwick
Fri 07/02/04 Berlin, GER Brandenburg Gate

Wed 07/07/04 Hamburg, GER AOL Arena

Fri 07/09/04 Munich, GER Olympic Stadium

Sun 07/11/04 Gelsenkirchen, GER Arena Auf Schalke
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

July 2 Soul Divas in Concert - Dionne with Whitney Houston and Natalie Cole
Brandenburg Gate Berlin, Germany

July 7 Soul Divas in Concert - Dionne with Whitney Houston and Natalie Cole
AOL Arena Hamburg, Germany
July 9 Soul Divas in Concert - Dionne with Whitney Houston and Natalie Cole
Olympic Stadium Munich, Germany
July 11 Soul Divas in Concert - Dionne with Whitney Houston and Natalie Cole
Schalke Arena Gelsenkirchen, Germany
July 26 Finca de Conception Marbella, Spain
July 29 Eastleigh Festival Eastleigh, UK
Tickets: www.ticketweb.co.uk
24-Hour Tickets Hotline: 08700 600 100
Festival website: www.eastleighfestival.co.uk
August 14 Assembly Hall Theatre Kent, UK
August 15 Stowe Music Festival Buckingham, UK

Ticketmaster.co.uk - Presale - Dionne Warwick in Concert - Stowe Music Festival
September 4 Laurens Kerk Rotterdam, Holland
September 5 De Doelen Rotterdam, Holland
October 23 Four Seasons Hotel Chicago, IL
October 24 Palace Theater Albany, NY
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Soul Divas
Updated 01:02 PDT Thu, May 20 2004
Erratic career? Sordid past? Personal problems? Who cares!?
Natalie Cole, Whitney Houston, and Dionne Warwick are poised to tour Europe and possibly beyond in what could be a real treat for fans.
Three July shows in Germany are on sale and a source involved with the tour told Pollstar that additional European dates for the "Soul Divas" package are almost certain.
While the three women offer very different vocal styles, they share interconnected lives.
Cole told a television talk show that one reason she decided to do the tour is her close relationship with Houston.
"I said ‘yes' because that's my buddy," Cole said. "I've always thought of Whitney as my little sister. I've known her since she was 19."
Warwick and Houston, of course, are cousins.
The tour marks Houston's return to the road after an all-too-well-documented spate of drug and legal problems. She has performed at special events but hasn't toured since 1999.
Cole and Warwick already had dates on the books when the Soul Divas routing started to fall into place. Cole starts a monthlong tour of Japan May 30th and has U.S. dates in July and August.
Warwick is scheduled to perform scattered shows around Europe into the fall.
Even so, if the initial Soul Divas dates are hot enough, you can bet there will be more to come.