New Bacharach Box Set from Hip-O Select.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

HGN2001

New Bacharach Box Set from Hip-O Select.

Post by HGN2001 »

Scott B. passed this along to me at the A&M Corner and I didn't see anything here about it so here goes.

The following info comes from Mike Ragogna at Universal:
Mike Ragogna wrote: We're aiming at an August release on Hip-O Select. You can let leak that "The Source" (you can use my name) said it will have every Kapp and A&M recording including the unreleased (in the US) live album and the previously unreleased track "Etta's Theme," the rare Liberty single "Juanita's Place" and "Nikki," the movie instrumental version of "After The Fox," the complete Butch Cassidy soundtrack since that's officially a Burt Bacharach album, "Arthur's Theme" from the movie soundtrack and if possible (it's what's holding up the project), the Burt & The Backbeats tracks. These last three Backbeats tracks are the most difficult to license.
This is great news as it will finall put all of Burt's own recordings in one package.

Hip-O Select is an arm of Universal that markets small runs to sell in limited quantities. Their site is: http://www.hip-oselect.com

Harry
Harry from A&M Corner
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Great news!
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Great news is right. Scott sent me this info last night and I hadn't had a chance to post it yet. I have to admit I was unaware of Hip-O Select, which appears to be to Universal Music Group what Rhino Handmade is to WEA. I'm trying to get a tentative track listing to post. If anyone hears anything, please post it here or send me an email.