Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

grooverider

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by grooverider »

Nancy Sinatra, "This Girl's In Love With You" from "The Ed Sullivan Show":

pljms

Post by pljms »

If me or anyone else on here compiles a list of instrumental albums dedicated exclusively to the music of Burt Bacharach to compliment the one featuring vocalists we're going to have to take into account jazz guitarist Grant Green Jr's just released 'Thank You Mr Bacharach'. Here he is with his fellow musicians negotiating some tricky time changes with aplomb:

Paul
An Enormous BB Fan

You will love this interview with Burt and Daniel

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

This is SOOOOO good!!

blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

A song for today....

'blue'
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

A different take on a Bacharach/David classic......

'blue'
pljms

Post by pljms »

The Swinging Blue Jeans' version of 'Don't Make Me Over' was one of three UK hits that so-called Mersey Beat groups had with Bacharach & David songs in the mid-60s, the other two were by a group actually called The Merseybeats and they were 'Wishing And Hoping' and 'It's Love That Really Counts', the latter one of only four instances that I'm aware of a Bacharach song being a hit in the UK without ever reaching the US Hot 100 for any artist, although The Shirelles did come very close.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Here are The Merseybeats with Dusty from the TV Special 'The Bacharach Sound' from 1965....

'blue'
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

When I think of The Merseybeats I remember my elder sister playing their hit 45 'I Think Of You' on her pink Dansette record player several times a day. Watching them lip-syncing and miming to the record on TV in 1964 takes me back to the time when pop groups smiled inanely at the camera no matter how sad the song and then gave a little bow at the record's conclusion. I see that it was written by Peter Lee Stirling. No, me neither.

harrymcc

Post by harrymcc »

If the April 1964 date is correct, this aired the month I was born.
pljms

Post by pljms »

Anyone hearing the track 'Up And Down' by Judy Singh in 1970 would have been forgiven for thinking it might have been composed by Bacharach. It's credited words and music to David Foster but apparently it's NOT the famed producer/composer of the same name as it's a couple of years before he started to become active in the business as a musician, plus he's never been known to write lyrics.

From her album 'A Time For Love' that featured 'Up And Down', here's Judy Singh with Jimmy Webb's brilliant song 'Everybody Gets To Go To The Moon'. From the days when a song could become an instant standard without being a chart hit.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Burt discusses Dusty...

'blue'
pljms

Post by pljms »

Here's Madeline Bell talking about how it was working as a background singer on Dusty Springfield's recording sessions and also about Dusty's love of Bacharach.
Paul
pljms

Post by pljms »

Talking about Dusty Springfield's love of Bacharach, here she is with Martha Reeves and the Vandellas on Ready Steady Go in 1964 performing 'Wishing And Hoping'.
Paul
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Paul,
Wonderful stuff ! :D
Thanks for posting.

'blue'
pljms

Post by pljms »

Madeline Bell has recorded a few Bacharach numbers in her time and his influence is very pronounced in a song that she co-wrote with John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin, a track in which he not only plays piano but also arranged and produced. In fact he was at the helm for the whole of Madeline's 'Comin' Atcha' album released in 1973 and co-wrote all the songs with her.
Paul