Dionne coming to Biloxi

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Dionne coming to Biloxi

Post by warbachavid »

DIONNE WARWICK
Date: Friday, December 10, 2004
Time: 8:00pm
Price: $29.95/$24.95

Her career resulted in such timeless, elegant hits as "Do You Know the Way to San Jose?," "Walk On By," "I'll Never Fall in Love Again," "I Say a Little Prayer," "Alfie," and "Here I Am" (from the movie What's New Pussycat?, '65). She's the silky-smooth singer who remains the best-ever interpreter of sophisticated, stylish songs.

Many have praised her voice as being one of the best ever in pop. "When Dionne sings a song, she owns it," said cousin Whitney Houston. Said Dick Clark, "She has a haunting voice ... it stays with you forever."

Tickets can be purchased at our box office or online:

www.ticketmaster.com

Dinner shows:
Casual $36.95 - Gourmet $54.90

Room packages:
$139.00 includes one night and two show tickets.

Group discounts:
$5.00 off tickets for groups of 20 or more
Call 1-888-946-1946 x7279 M-F 9am-5pm

Post by Guest »

She´s playing for 25 bucks in Biloxi and for free in Brooklyn? Man, her career is taking a downturn...Maybe it´s time to quit.
Westgate1

interesting comment

Post by Westgate1 »

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but I think both of these events are for charity!! In terms of the free concert in New York... Dionne has given and performed at free concerts throughout her entire career.

I saw Dionne in concert a few months ago and I paid over 50 dollars per ticket, and I was in the nose bleed seats!! The show was sold out...I don't know if she is thinking about quitting but I think people still enjoy seeing her in concert!! And I would imagine she is still making big bank, for normal concerts!!
warbachavid

Post by warbachavid »

Regardless of the price of tickets, Miss Warwick gets her fee always.

Post by Guest »

Might be a different fee though nowadays when she´s performing at Radio Shack openings rather than Radio City.

And "Miss Warwick gets her fee always". How would you know, from xeroxing the articles you find on google?
westgate1

Post by westgate1 »

When exactly was it that Dionne played Radio Shack? In fairness I think it is common knowledge that artist are paid before they ever perform if not all their fee at least 50 percent. Again i don't know what the point was for the comments but I have seen Dionne at least 4 times in the last year and a half, I have never found that she has had any problem still selling tickets.

As well it's no secret that Dionne is no longer at he top of the charts, and the radio play, record sales, and now videos rule the land , but neither are most of her contempories, like Gladys, Diana, Natalie, Aretha, etc...but they all still have a strong audience who enjoy hearing real voices, live music, and actual singers!!! And of the singers I mentioned only Aretha is no longer touring!!

Post by Guest »

well said Dionne has toured constantly for over 40 years and i have seen her perform many times to full or almost full houses i dont know of any other so called Diva who performs more dates or travels the world like Dionne she may not be at the top of the charts but she is still recording and going strong - how many of todays "divas" will still be around after more than 40 years? at least when Dionne performs we all know its "live" unlike most other performers who rely on backing tracks, background vocalists, dancers, light shows and pyrotechnics.