Dionnes Frist Christmas CD

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

warbachavid

Dionnes Frist Christmas CD

Post by warbachavid »

Dionne completed her first ever Christmas cd in a record 36 hours, with full orchestra. Glorious arrangements, songs were well choosen, a masterpiece!

Dionne's Christmas CD

Post by Guest »

Sounds great. Can you provide the source of this information?

Post by Guest »

insider information

Post by Guest »

what tracks have been recorded?
who produced the CD?
what orchestra was used?

from Dionne's website

Post by Guest »

hi all

i've been a bit tardy in keeping you all up on what's been happening. it has been my turn to go through a few traumatic moments. as i wrote last my mom was a bit under the weather, but thank GOD she's doing fine. i had a really big scare two weeks ago, my sister was hospitalized, and it was not a "good thing". i have been asking all to include her in their prayers. she is still in the hospital in icu, however, she is making improvement every day.

whitney, natalie and i did 3 incredible shows in germany earlier this month. all shows were sold out, and it was an absolute joy. both ladies were wonderful, and we are looking forward to bringing the show to the states soon.

whitney and i received the "WOMEN OF THE WORLD" award together in hamburg germany. it's an award created by president gorbachev originally for men, but he realized that women do some wonderful things to make the world a better place too, and created this for the ladies. we (whitney and i) were 2 of 10 ladies to receive the first of these awards, and it was overwhelming to be in the company of those other 8 ladies who received an award as well.

the tour is still going strong and the audiences have been wonderful. i've just recorded my FIRST christmas cd, and am excited about finally doing one. i know you all will love it. it's full of traditional christmas songs, and 2 duets. one with gladys knight, and one with bebe winan. i will be finally on the way to completion of the duets project. it's really sounding sooooooo good.

i was made an ambassador while in thailand by president mandela on the eve of his last public appearance. it was a very touching moment for us all to realize he will not be making any more speeches, however, he carried the torch for a very long time, and it's now up to us to keep the flame burning for the work he has done bringing good throughout the world.

i've been on tour out of the country so long, i'm beginning to feel like a visitor when i come home. i'm looking forward to doing some shows in the states soon and hope to see you all at that time.

that's it for now, all take good care, and i'll be back at you soon.

Dionne

Post by Guest »

Dionne Warwick Wraps First Ever Christmas Album With DMI Records
Debut CD on DMI Records Features Collaborations with Top Names Including Gladys Knight and Dave Koz - Slated For Release in October, 2004

PASADENA, CALIF. - The recently-established record label, DMI Records, and its parent company DMI, a leader in entertainment marketing, announces the completion of My Favorite Time of the Year, the first-ever Christmas album from legendary vocalist, Dionne Warwick, the first artist to sign with the label. My Favorite Time of the Year will be released on October 26, 2004.

This release follows the success of DMI's Grammy-nominated Church: Songs of Soul and Inspiration, a 2003 project that featured Warwick and an illustrious roster including Patti Labelle, Chaka Khan and Dr. Maya Angelou. Tena Clark, DMI Entertainment CEO and gold and platinum songwriter/producer was behind the board for both projects.

In addition to Warwick's remarkable performances of selected traditional and new Christmas songs, My Favorite Time of the Year features Gladys Knight joining Warwick on "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas," a duet with gospel great BeBe Winans on "I Believe in Christmas," a song he composed especially for Dionne and Dave Koz adding his patented smooth jazz sax to "White Christmas," Joy to the World" and Winter Wonderland."

"We have a long-standing history in music, and as an emerging label, we are honored to have signed Dionne Warwick and I am delighted to have produced this album," said Tena Clark, CEO of DMI. "As a little girl who first heard Dionne's voice when I was ten years old, I still get the chills at 50. Working with Dionne was a joy, and it's a thrill to deliver this holiday package to Dionne's fans and lovers of Christmas music worldwide."

Dionne Warwick expresses, "It's always exciting to work with people who have a special talent, and Tena is a special talent. It shows in the production of this project, and her apparent skills as a businesswoman at the helm of this wonderful recording company. I'm proud and happy to be a part of the DMI records family and looking forward to a long and fruitful relationship. This being my very first Christmas project, I am truly excited, and I, like so many others wonder what took me so long. Well, the wait is over, and I am certain all will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed doing it."

The E'nate Music Group, an enterprise founded by music industry veteran Eddie Gilreath will be involved with retail merchandising and radio promotions. Distribution is through the Navare Corporation.

For additional information on DMI, please visit www.discmarketing.com
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

She should have included "Christmas Day" by Bacharach/David.
ron

Post by ron »

One of Burt's most overlooked songs "The Bell That Couldn't Jingle" should have been considered (maybe it was?)

Post by Guest »

DIONNE WARWICK: MY FAVORITE TIME OF THE YEAR – First-ever Christmas album from the soulful diva includes duets with Gladys Knight and BeBe Winans. Tracks: The Christmas Song; White Christmas; Silent Night; Joy To The World; The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year; I Believe In Christmas (with BeBe Winans); My Favorite Things; Silver Bells; O Come All Ye Faithful; Winter Wonderland; I’ll Be Home For Christmas; Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (with Gladys Knight); Happy Holidays.