The Greatest Song Burt "NEVER" Wrote !!!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

The Greatest Song Burt "NEVER" Wrote !!!

Post by blueonblue »

Just listen to the Jackie Trent song in this "clip"...."MAGIC" !!!! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ98L5GZ-nA

"blue"
helcio mazzuco

great "non-Bacharach" track

Post by helcio mazzuco »

Hello Blue !
Thank you for posting this one...great track !
BachtoBacharach

Jackie Trent

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Wonderful song and Jackie Trent sings in perfectly. One has to wonder why Dionne couldn't turn the tables and have made this tune a big US hit, a la Cilla Black's table turning treatment of Anyone Who Had A Heart. I would have loved to hear Dionne Warwick singing a Burt Bacharach arrangement of this great Tony Hatch tune.
Steve Schenck

that Jackie Trent song...

Post by Steve Schenck »

Just listened to the song... wow! Talk about a song that sounds like a Burt tune. Everything, from the melody line, to the harmonies, to the arrangement - this Hatch fellow has either drunk from the same inspirational stream, or has imitated the Master to perfection! Kudos, and thanks for posting it.
blueonblue

Hatch-ed.................

Post by blueonblue »

......it sounds "tailor-made" for Dionne !
But what a wonderful performance from Jackie !!!!!!!!

"blue"
BachtoBacharach

Tony Hatch

Post by BachtoBacharach »

Tony Hatch was responsible for taking Petula Clark's US and UK career into the stratosphere with "Downtown". He wrote and/or produced most of her sixties output. He is married to Jackie Trent and also performs on his on. He is the UK equivalent of Bacharach and a tremendous talent.
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Unfortunately Tony & Jackie divorced after a number of years and his recording output isn't what it once was; but I continually hold out hope that this great talent (often hailed as the British Bacharach!) will, like Burt did in the 1990s and continuing to the present day, experience a late-career renaissance and offer the world more great work. Tony Hatch was known as Mr. Music in England, and the moniker sure fits!
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

I'm very partial to the version of this song by Chris Montez, which was arranged and conducted by the great, late Nick De Caro. Although Chris Montez was not known primarily for his strong voice, somehow Nick De Caro was able to fashion an arrangement that was tailor-made for him. And, yes, just a great song!
blueonblue

TONY HATCH...

Post by blueonblue »

blueonblue

Scott...

Post by blueonblue »

Another of Tony's very best !

"blue"
PS
Sorry for "repeating" myself.....but I've posted this lovely
song before.........and it was "deleted"....... :(