Another Musical for Burt?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Toms1234

Another Musical for Burt?

Post by Toms1234 »

Steve Schenck

Re: Another Musical for Burt?

Post by Steve Schenck »

Thanks for posting that! I just heard on NY radio yesterday that Mike Myers was working on a musical treatment of the movie series. I can't say that the concept thrills me for a stage treatment, but anything that might involve Burt's musical contributions I'm interested in.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

This whole thing confuses me. Are Burt and "Elvis" only now going to collaborate again ...for this piece of trivia? Or is this "comedy" somehow going to incorporate their earlier songs (at least as unlikely). I`m looking forward to the official denial that any of this will happen.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

What's wrong with a new broadway show that has Bacharach/David songs put into it?
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

My point (admittedly poorly expressed) was that this doesn`t pass the smell test. It is inconceivable to me that Burt would commit himself to another major stage musical when Some Lovers hasn`t even hit midtown and, let`s be honest, may not regardless of its virtues. Nor can I envision (or "en-hear") the PFM songs being slapped into an extended comedy sketch (which is what these Mike Myers movies have seemed to me to be).
And what about those two still-in-the-can albums reportedly made last year?
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Unless I'm wrong, I'm assuming that Mike Myers will simply add some Burt songs into the musical. I'm assuming that Burt need not commit to or do anything. No effort on Burt's part is required for this. Yes?