Dionne Files for Bankruptcy

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

GehVorbei

Re: Dionne Files for Bankruptcy

Post by GehVorbei »

B2B: What again are the big issues with DW that create this desperate need for an intervention from her friends and family??? And why is it you are hyperventilating basically through every post on her or her family? Year after year...

Heavy drug use, like half of the industry? Serious crime like child molestation or mob connections? Ties to dubious cults like Scientology or politcal radicalism???

No, we are talking cigarettes, old informercials, an ill-advised US reality-show and some bad tax advise.

Oh, please, give the woman a break! And give me a break, too. You are just obsessive....
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I usually don`t post on this subject any more simply because I`m sick and tired of everything about Dionne Warwick.
Nevertheless, it seems to me that the "hyperventilating" is all on the part of that contingent of posters whose fantasy life is fed by whatever "diva mythology" adheres to this woman. BtoB is simply stating facts, backed up by independent sources, as well as his own first-hand knowledge.
If the Diva Cult finds this disturbing, perhaps its members should stop masochistically reading it.
Problem solved.
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

nce again I have to agree with GehVorbei!

I completely disagree with Blair ... I would like to know who the 'independent sources' are and when he says 'first hand knowlwdge' ,, by whom?

These forums unfortunately are breeding grounds for the likes of you Blair and you B2B who sound as if you have all the insider knowledge and make us feel you are the authorities but never back it up. All the horrors of glib journalism.
nikray77

Post by nikray77 »

Some of these independent sources are tabloids and gossip something that Dionne clearly is not doing in her personal life!! I love when someone will feed the same tabloid monsters and call it facts. Yeah time will tell.
nikray77

Post by nikray77 »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:I usually don`t post on this subject any more simply because I`m sick and tired of everything about Dionne Warwick.
Nevertheless, it seems to me that the "hyperventilating" is all on the part of that contingent of posters whose fantasy life is fed by whatever "diva mythology" adheres to this woman. BtoB is simply stating facts, backed up by independent sources, as well as his own first-hand knowledge.
If the Diva Cult finds this disturbing, perhaps its members should stop masochistically reading it.
Problem solved.

Again I have awaited those independent sources, please don't source another article which is source/copied from a tabloid. Dead silence. Look I like Dionne...I am not in love with her or need really to defend her actions frankly I don't think many of us could stand the same criticisms in our own lives. You want to bet? I have been reading this for months enough already. Bashing Dionne for sport and using it's just called facts and truths I am just shocked as otherwise bright people keep up this shell game. I always trust my nose and my gut. Both are saying be very, very careful of someone screaming the loudest in the room, or and over, and over again. "I am just trying to help you Dionne" maybe you should start by not sticking knives in her while you are helping. I am sure some place Gladys, Nancy Wilson and other friends of Dionne.
Shemp9971

Post by Shemp9971 »

In any case, I'm praying for Dionne as she goes through all this. That's true. She was surrounded by the wrong people, particularly the Draper guy. She and Michael Jackson.