Dionne's granddaughter Cheyenne performing Alfie live in NYC

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Downtown

Dionne's granddaughter Cheyenne performing Alfie live in NYC

Post by Downtown »

A couple of years back I wasn't so sure but Cheyenne Elliott clearly has inherited her "Grammies" incredible musical instincts.

She performed this to an audience that included Leonardo di Caprio and Clive Davis...

nikray77

Re: Dionne's granddaughter Cheyenne performing Alfie live in

Post by nikray77 »

Cheyenne really has a very good voice. I just don't find her sound is unique , which given the vocalist in that family there maybe very hard thing to expect from a young girl. Just not sure what to think overall. Other than she clearly is as gifted as other young women ruling up and down the charts these days.
Downtown

Re: Dionne's granddaughter Cheyenne performing Alfie live in

Post by Downtown »

She seems to have inherited her grandma's musicality and her gift for phrasing.I think she phrases better than Whitney already.

As far as her Instrument is concerned - it is good but not great. But it has improved so much in the last two or three years and maybe that will continue for the next few years. Mezzos can often through proper training really pick up some top notes.

She seems to have signed a record deal now.