Burt & Carol Interview!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Burt & Carol Interview!

Post by vincent.cole »

Courtesy of, Heartlight!

http://t.ymlp202.net/muubaaauseuyapahua ... /click.php

Take care.

Vincent
Last edited by vincent.cole on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Burt & carol Interview!

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Wow!!! Thank you posting that link Vincent! That was the greatest, most wonderful interview with Burt that I've ever seen. Nothing even comes close.

A few tidbits: 1.) Burt called David Merrick a bastard. Everyone called him that, so I found it wryly funny that he did, too. 2.) Burt thought that the music he conduced for Marlene was horrible. Of course, when you consider the music that Burt composed, it's no wonder! 3.) Did Carol get a face lift? I'm sure she did. She looks totally different. 4.) I knew from the book that Burt hasn't read the note that Nikki left him. And I was surprised at what Carol said to Burt like that in public -- but I thought the same exact thing... She said to Burt that she would have read the note because Nikki wanted Burt to read it -- that's why Nikki wrote and addressed it to Burt, and she felt that it was disrespectful not to read it. I have to agree with her on that point. Having said that, I understand how painful it is for Burt. 4.) Carol hated (in part, at least) writing songs with Burt because of the time Burt would take. But she agreed that the end result was well worth it. She liked it better when writing with Marvin (Hamlisch, one of her other husbands), because Marvin wrote songs fast. 5) Burt doesn't like any of his lyricists giving him ideas of what the melody should be. Carol would try to suggest how the music should be, and Burt didn't like that. Carol said that that's why Burt and Hal wrote so well together -- because Hal just did the lyrics and never suggested how the music should go. I love all this "inside" stuff!

There's so much more in this interview. It's a MUST for any Burt fan. I'll be watching the whole interview again soon.
vincent.cole

Re: Burt & carol Interview!

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour An Enormous BB Fan.

You are welcome! Just passing the information on! The interview was not scripted which was so refreshing!

Also it's great that Burt & Carol are still good friends!

By the way, still waiting for your phone call.

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Rio

Re: Burt & Carol Interview!

Post by Rio »

Great interviews, Vincent. Thanks so much.

In the first two minutes of the following interview, David Joyce talks about Burt:
vincent.cole

Re: Burt & Carol Interview!

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Rio.

Thanks also for your clip!
Take care;

Vincent