Burt opens up.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Burt opens up.

Post by vincent.cole »

Take care;

Vincent
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Burt opens up.

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Thanks, Vincent. That's a great interview! You feel like you're right there with Burt. I hope there's more to come.

I loved how Herb Alpert told Burt that it was okay to go back into the studio and re-do What The World Needs Now Is Love. Burt was unhappy with it -- as is usually the case with a perfectionist. Burt, to this day, is thrilled with Herb for allowing Burt the re-do. I think that that is so great of Herb, too. Herb obviously was a great fan of Burt's and he didn't care about saving money -- he wanted Burt to be happy with the song. Seems like a match made in heaven between two great artists. I loved those A&M albums that Burt did and Burt's first A&M album, called "Reach Out", is very special to me. The arrangements are spectacular. Burt's genius was in every song. And if Burt hadn't hooked up with Jerry and Herb, the end product might very well not have been so perfect.
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

That version......

"blue"
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

Thanks for that info Vincent.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Enormous BB Fan, Blue & Alvina;

Yes it was a wonderful interview with Burt. Also where Herb Alpert tells Burt to do WTHWNN again! What a great friendship and money has nothing to do with a great song!

Take care my mon ami's.

Vincent
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Burt, Herb and a few friends........

"blue"