Curious about the profits of Burt's songs...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Steve Schenck

Curious about the profits of Burt's songs...

Post by Steve Schenck »

Does anyone know whether or not there is a database or webpage where you could find out the profits made by various songs? I'm most interested in Burt's music, of course; but I suspect lots of folks would like to know, say, how much money "White Christmas" has made, or which of the Beach Boys' hits made the most money.
I'm wondering how the film songs stack up against the pure record or disc songs; how the songs from "Promises, Promises," which get performed year after year in summer stock and community theaters, fare against the better known but perhaps less performed songs. And what about "Finder of Lost Loves" that opened a TV show and was seen by millions week after week? Which of Burt's songs is the biggest money-maker, and how do we all think the big money-maker rates in terms of what we consider Burt's best compositions? I'd appreciate any input.