Burt's Best Solo Album

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mark
Site Admin

Burt's Best Solo Album

Post by mark »

This is to test the poll question function.
Last edited by mark on Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alistair

poll

Post by alistair »

Has to be "Hitmaker" - remember getting this on vinyl way back on the 1960's - and playing it to death!
Moon Man

Post by Moon Man »

No easy decision, but I tend to Painted From Memory! I still feel showers over my back when listening to these terrificly great songs. Elvis Costello s voice and Burt s songwriting fit perfectly and I wish, there had been a second album of this collaboration! A true gem in a world of fast paced one hit wonders...;-)
The world is a circle that never begins- nobody knows where the circle ends...
Tombrag

Best BB Album

Post by Tombrag »

Mark,

:D Congratulations for the new format.

Answering to the poll: I don't know how to do it... For me the best BB album is "Burt Bacharach" (the Green Album).

Tom
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Thanks, Tom.

I think the problem is you need to register with a username and sign in to be able to participate in polls. Once you register you can also start your own polls. This poll is kind of screwed up, though, because Painted From Memory is listed twice and I can't for the life of me figure out how to edit it.

With any luck I'll figure it out eventually...
HGN2001

Post by HGN2001 »

If this phpBB forum works the way the A&M Corner Forum does, you should be able to select "Edit" on the lead post. From there, I would think there would be an option to Add or Delete items from the poll.

Harry
Harry from A&M Corner
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Since I couldn't edit the poll questions properly, I pulled the plug on this poll. The final talley was a four-way tie between Hitmaker!, In Concert, Woman and Painted From Memory, each with two votes. Not exactly scientific, I realize, but a start.

If I'm not mistaken, all registered users can post their own polls, so please feel free to try out this feature of the board.

Top BB albums

Post by Guest »

Burt Bacharach (1971) or Make It Easy on Yourself (1969). Probably the latter. Then, Reach Out or Butch Cassidy.