La Belle Epoque

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

La Belle Epoque

Post by nowmedical »

Yesterday I went to see a slightly strange French film now in the cinemas called La Belle Epoque - not bad actually, clever plot, starring Daniel Autheuil.

Anyway much to my surprise, in the film approximately one third of the way through, is a virtually full-length version of Dionne singing "Always Something There to Remind Me", also reprised at the final credits. Worth the price of the cinema ticket.

Didn't we do a thread a few years ago on unexpected places to hear Bacharach records?
Sara D

Re: La Belle Epoque

Post by Sara D »

nowmedical wrote:.......Didn't we do a thread a few years ago on unexpected places to hear Bacharach records?
Yes there was a thread dedicated to hearing Bacharach in unusual places, from BBC's Gardeners World using excerpts from the soundtrack of 'Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid' to me overhearing a group of schoolgirls on Putney High Street performing a seemingly impromptu rendition of 'Message to Michael'.
blueonblue

Re: La Belle Epoque

Post by blueonblue »

Burt's songs pop up in the most unexpected places.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_gQmzRFtYk

'blue'