“A Sinner‘s Devotion“ New recording by Henry Dee

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Henry Dee

“A Sinner‘s Devotion“ New recording by Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Just released my brand new 2022 recording of “A Sinner‘s Devotion“ as one of the songs on my Double A single entitled “Restless Hearts“. As you may already know, this Burt Bacharach/Bob Hilliard composition was originally cut in 1961 by both Tina Robin and Tammi Terrell who was then known as Tammy Montgomery. Neither version came out at the time however Tammi‘s version finally got released in 1967 on a shared album with Chuck Jackson called “The Early Show“. Always loved the song and grateful to have had the chance to record it. I would be delighted to hear your thoughts and reactions. I love this discussion forum! I have followed it for quite some time and enjoy the postings very much. Cheers to all!

blueonblue

Re: “A Sinner‘s Devotion“ New recording by Henry Dee

Post by blueonblue »

Henry, welcome to the forum and thank you for your version of the song....really enjoyed it ! :D

'blue'
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Hi Blue,
Thanks for your very kind welcome and so happy you liked the recording.
Joyful to be among so many knowledgeable and devoted Burt Bacharach fans.

All the best to you,
Henry
Martin Johnson

Post by Martin Johnson »

Great choice of song and a terrific version that more than does it justice. It certainly has a better sound quality than the two previous recordings of the song!
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your very thoughtful and generous response to my recording of “A Sinner‘s Devotion“.
As a fan of all of Burt Bacharach‘s work, it has been such a delight to come across this gem.

I believe in this song and it really cheers me to read that you also felt that it was a good choice.

Again, thanks - and all good wishes!

Henry
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

It feels and sounds brighter than the previous versions. You did an amazing job. Would love to hear covers of more rarer Bacharach songs. Can i suggest loneliness remembers and here i am?
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Awww, Thank You Geoff! Means the world to me to read your supportive response. Yes, I love both of the songs that you suggested and I hope to cover more Burt Bacharach rare treasures. There are endless possibilities for sure, aren't there? Such beautiful chord changes as only Mr. Bacharach can create.

Good cheer to you and sincere appreciation,

Henry
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

Hello to all friends at Burt Bacharach Discussion Forum. Happy Holidays and I hope everyone is well!

A few people have asked if “A Sinner‘s Devotion“ is out on physical copy CD. Yes it is and it can be found on Amazon. It was put out as a two song CD under the name “Restless Hearts“.One song of course as you know, the Burt Bacharach and Bob HIlliard penned “A Sinner‘s Devotion“ and the other tune written by Bobby Scott and Richard Ahlert “Don‘t Pay Them No Mind“. So, yes it is out on CD for people like myself who still like to have the physical copy with a very nice illustration I love on the cover and all credits listed and a photo on back. I love that even my car still has a CD player in it!! All the more reason to not turn it in any time soon!

Wishing everybody a safe and healthy season of hope and peace.

Henry
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Henry, and very best wishes to you and yours...and thank you.

And long live physical media !

'blue'