Thanks For Everything

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Jerry

Re: Thanks for everything.

Post by Jerry »

Thank-You for this site, Mark. It is so deeply appreciated…particularly today.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Some people should live forever. Burt was one of those people. I loved Burt because of what he gave me. This is a very difficult day for sure. But thank god for YouTube because I watch Burt there all the time. So I do have that and all his music.
Peter Greenhill

Post by Peter Greenhill »

Yes, Burt was 94 and that is a good innings but somehow I just wanted him to go on. He was still composing until very recently. I saw him a few times at The Royal Festival Hall in London. Some of my happiest memories are of playing his and Dionne's albums on our stereo at home in the late 60s/early 70s.

A massive loss but his music lives on.
Jan R.

Post by Jan R. »

I was lucky enough to see you on stage in Pittsburgh, 5 years ago. Your music will live on. Thank you.
David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

Thanks Burt for so many great tunes. I grew up listening to your music and was lucky to hear and see you perform in the Sydney Opera House at some memorable concerts. RIP.
Henry Dee

Post by Henry Dee »

It was so sad to hear the news of Burt‘s passing this morning. This man‘s music has meant so much to me over my lifetime. He was an architect of melody, chords, time signature and key. His God given gift of crafting truly unique, thoughtful and beautiful songs will stay in our hearts and never be forgotten. Thank you Burt for sharing your life work with us. Strength and peace to all family, friends and fans. Love to all, Henry
pljms

Post by pljms »

As deeply saddened as we all must feel right now, I'm sure we will continue to discuss and celebrate his unparalleled musical legacy.
Paul
Alistair

Post by Alistair »

He was responsible for the music of my life - from the 1960’s to the present day. Maestro, we will miss you.
So happy to be able to say I met him back in 1964 when he was touring with Marlene Dietrich as her accompanist / arranger/conductor.

Alistair
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Regardless of what I was going through in life, Burt and his music which is of unparalleled quality made my next moment possible. Thank you sir.
Eugenio Fig

Post by Eugenio Fig »

Burt is special. He has been part of my life since I was a young kid. He will continue to be... I listen to his songs every single day. And I will listen to them every day for the rest of my life…
Martyn

Post by Martyn »

My condolences to Burt’s family.

Yes, it was a day we knew would come. But I am glad he reached the age of 94 and that he kept on writing great music to the end.

No other composer’s music has had such an impact on me – it was his late 60s/early 70s solo instrumental albums for A&M that grabbed my attention as a kid, and those albums still resonate for me to this day.

I consider myself lucky to have seen Burt in concert many times, and even luckier that I got to meet him several times.

His legacy is without question and his music will surely endure.

Thank you Mark for creating and maintaining this great website and forum, enabling us to share our thoughts.

Martyn
Last edited by Martyn on Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrymcc

Post by harrymcc »

Just learned that my cousin Frank Perowsky played on Reach Out (as well as in the orchestra for the original run of Promises Promises, which I already knew).

Love in a Goldfish Bowl, a movie directed by my cousin Jack Sher and written by him and another cousin, Irene Kamp, had a Bacharach/David theme song. It was released one month before Burt and Hal met Dionne at the Mexican Divorce recording session,
europaboy

Post by europaboy »

Thanks for everything. It's a great title, and it's exactly how your fans gathered here feel. I have been fascinated by your music since I was 10 years old, and even now, over 50 years later, I am still amazed when I hear your music. I am confident that this will not change in the future.
Also, thanks to Mark, unbelievable administrator this wonderful community site! I'm always appreciate to you.
For a while, the same sad days as everyone will continue but I think your music will heal me.
The only regret is that I couldn't meet you in Tokyo in April 2020. However, being able to see wonderful performances three times in 1998, 2008, and 2014 are lifetime memories for me.
Thank you again, Burt, eternal my idol. Rest in peace.

Kazuya
Davide Bonori

Post by Davide Bonori »

He leaves us an immense artistic heritage. But my heart is still sad. Many beautiful songs, but there will be no more new ones (except the upcoming Costello collaborations).
Jim

Post by Jim »

Yes, he was incredible. Fantastic. I’m listening to the radio France Musique an emission consacreted to Burt Bacharach. His music is great. He will live in our heart forever.