New 60s Dionne songs with Burt and Hal

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

geoff85

New 60s Dionne songs with Burt and Hal

Post by geoff85 »

Could be on the way. Kinda. With the advent of artificial intelligence AI is at the point where it can actually clone a singers voice and mimic their inflections and vocal choices. Probably within a few months AI will be able to compose entire songs in the style of a particular composer and capture all the nuanced idiosyncrasies Imagine endless Dionne songs composed by Burt AI will even be able to capture what Hal would likely write(melody and nomenclature).

These are snippets of song very convincing AI songs

Whitney Houston singing Mariah Carey's My All considering these are amateur snippets likely done by amateur fans just imagine what big budget labels will be able to do with professionals. This for me perfectly captures the post millennium style of Whitney Houston what the AI did between 048 to 054 is comical and scary at the same time.

Naturally someone would do the inverse(and there are many more of them) Mariah Carey singing Whitney Houstons Run To You. is whoever created this sampled alot of live vocals post 1997 when the raspiness in Mariahs voice from nodules and lack of vocal rest became prevalent in her upper belts. No other singer on earth really sounds like Mariah to me at her peak or past it so you are going to have to summon a higher power or something from a lab.

The beauty you could sample from certain eras. Hopefully alot of AI fans will also be Burt fans because to redo Burt songs until the end of time would be doing God's work. Amen.

Edit: I cant get the Run to You song to play so I am embedding AI Mariah Carey singing Whitney's magnus opus I have nothing. and saving all my love for you. When you think this technology is in its infancy we are gonna see some crazy stuff .

Blair N. Cummings

Re: New 60s Dionne songs with Burt and Hal

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I`ve no doubt that this will be done, bringing us back to the problems raised by the philosophy of art forgeries.
My greater concern regards the changes AI and related techno-sorcery will have wrought in us as MKUltra goes digital and global. (See Elana Freeland`s `Geoengineered Transhumanism` and its two immediate predecessors for the terrifying details). And say a little prayer if that`s your thing.
geoff85

Re: New 60s Dionne songs with Burt and Hal

Post by geoff85 »

Say a little prayer? I see what you did there. Alot of ethical questions will be raised for sure. The technology is here and it isnt going anywhere so you might as well squeeze the lemons into your glass.

There is a freakshow element to alot of this but there will be great stuff as well. I assure you if we get an ai Dionne/Burtb60s album ppl will resist it at first but eventually will acquiesce. Tbh if not told you likely wouldnt know.

Another scary realistic rendition of Mariah Carey singing Michael Jacksons I just cant stop loving you.
Id love to hear 60s Dionne sing sone Laura Nyroblike I never meant to hurt you or Emmie. Embrace the possibilities.