Discography update

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Davide Bonori

Discography update

Post by Davide Bonori »

I just did a discography update.
In particular, I improved the part relating to the unpublished works.
pljms

Re: Discography update

Post by pljms »

Davide, the sheer scale of the amount of unpublished and unrecorded material is pretty mind-blowing.

A possible addition to the discography because it's a rarely covered Bacharach and David gem is Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch's version of 'Try To See It My Way'. This was released in the UK and Australia on Columbia in 1971 on their album entitled 'Words And Music' and features Jackie Trent on lead vocals with a dazzling orchestral arrangement by Tony Hatch. I'd link it here if I could but unfortunately it's not on YouTube.

Looking at the discography during the mid-70s I'm reminded of the three songs recorded by Glen Campbell in 1974 that Bacharach wrote with Bobby Russell, namely 'I Have Everything I Need', 'Us' and 'Peaches Don't Grow On A Cherry Tree'. Almost fifty years later these recordings have yet to see the light of day in any shape or form and it makes me wonder just how lacking in appeal, commercial or otherwise, must they be for Capitol Records to have kept them stored in the vaults for so long?
Paul
Davide Bonori

Re: Discography update

Post by Davide Bonori »

I hope that the 3 Glen Campbell songs will leave the vault.