Cover Art

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

TheBoom Boy

Cover Art

Post by TheBoom Boy »

Open for discussion. What is your favorite Bacharach cover art, and why?

What: Futures
Why: Of all the Bacharach covers this one captures, for me, the essence of Bacharach. Smart, sophisticated, and hip. It represents all things ‘cool’ about Burt and his music. Ski lift, tram, warm up jacket, towel nonchalantly draped over his shoulders. For me, it smacks Bacharach at his best. The art direction on this one shines.

Would love to hear what others think.

PS Favorite Warwick album cover: Windows of the World, for many of the same reasons. Besides Miss Warwick looking absolutely gorgeous, again the nonchalant pose against the modern sculpture, the brightly colored ‘lounging suit’, the quintessentially 60’s font all add up to catching the essence of the times and the music.

Post by Guest »

Portrait in Music.

I never bought that one. Postponed it till it was no longer available. Bought all others.

I seem to recall a sculpture of Mr. Bacharach. That seems fitting.
Also, I really like a picture of him in the back, with a black and red shirt and dark (also wet?) hair.
Seems like Burt is coll and legend of a serious, difficult, and extrmely important art if we combine the two.