Burt in W. Palm Beach

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Alvina

Burt in W. Palm Beach

Post by Alvina »

Hi all,
As you know , I live in Orlando so would love to be at this concert in Jan.
Does anyone know if tickets are on sale yet ? I have looked at the Kravis Center and they don't show it. Maybe it's just a bit early. I would appreciate some info if you have any to share.
Hope all are well and perhaps some of you will attend as well.
Love to you all,
Alvina :D
vincent.cole

Re: Burt in W. Palm Beach

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Alvina;

I received a letter from Laura who is a hugh fan of Burt's. She indicated that tickets go on sale, October 3, 2009 @ 09:00 AM!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Last edited by vincent.cole on Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

Thanks so much Vincent. I will check it out then. It might just be a party if you are there too.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Alvina,
Wish I could be there with you , and Vincent if he goes...
it would be great!I rarely get to the east coast.
Steveo
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Alvina;

Yes I will be attending the concert at the Kravis Center!

My wife Cheryl and my Burt traveling buddies Jeanne & Tyler will be there also.

Alvina, I am going to make sure you and Barbara behave yourselves (lol)! :)

I expect to see Laura & BonkersforBurt as well!

I am sure all of us will have a great time @ the concert and after the show!!!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Laura

Post by Laura »

Hi Vincent,

I just bought my ticket for the Kravis Center in West Palm Beach. Orchestra front row AA on the left! The box office was closed on Saturday by phone and had a little trouble with the web site, but finally got through. Now all I need is the airline ticket, hotel, and rental car. I was holding out on the airline ticket to see if Burt added any more Florida cities to the tour. Hope we can all get together. Looking forward to seeing you, your wife, Jeanne, Tyler, Alvina, and Barbara and meeting other Burt fans! Let me know if y'all decide to stay at the same hotel.

Laura
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Laura;

I got my tickets too!

I wanted the right-side row AA or BB. Took me 1 1/2 Hours to finally talk with a person!

Like you major problems on their website!

Will be sitting in row BB & CC on the left.

Spoke with Alvina and she is in dead center!

Laura, looking forward to meeting up before and after the show!!! 8)

Not sure about the hotel yet. Will let you know by next week.

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Susan Vincent

Post by Susan Vincent »

Hi, Your very lucky to see Burt in W. Palm Beach. My name is Susan Vincent and I am in love with him and his music.
I had tickets to see him Sept 16, in San Diego (that fell threw) then he was supposed to be at Heinz Hall, March 6 2010, I bought 4 of them for myself and girlfriends. Now I heard from Burts People and the concert is cancelled and they credited my visa. I am so upset. Do you have any extra tickets, I really cant afford to go, but I have to see him. Let me know if he gets closer to Michigan, Please. You can relate to how much this has be a let down. I listen to youtube everyday and have his hand movements down as for directing the orchestra. Yeah, I need a life, and a job. If you have any ideas how to get me to this concert please email me at centralparkgirl@comcast.net. I hear Burt will be in Australia and that way they cancelled his concert in March 6, but he is only playiing one night in Australia. Did you know he was playing at Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh? Help me............... I am desperate..... :? :?
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Susan,
Tell me a little more about your bacharach obcession, how did you get started in
liking Burt, and when?
Steveo
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

Hi all,
I too had trouble with getting tickets. I had snagged front and center online. I filled out all the info and hit buy only to get an error try again message. Needless to say I went back and forth trying to get it to go through. After a few nerve racking minutes I had to give up and try again. The phones were available on that Saturday but it was busy, busy. I finally got through and the man said the entire middle front row had been purchased so I ended up in AA on the left. Laura we will be sitting near you.
There will be 3 of us. My sister Cindy, Barbara and me. We are on the far end but we have seats at least. Vincent and company is right behind us so watch out Burt lol.
Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Love to you all,
Alvina