BURT IN SAN DIEGO

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

BURT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by ron hertel »

FYI - BURT "IS SCHEDULED" TO APPEAR HERE ON ...... SUNDAY, AUGUST 8th @ 7:30 PM!

sandiegosymphony.com
heartlight

Re: BURT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by heartlight »

Thanks, Ron. It's great news because according to the venue the show will take place. ( I must have asked the question five times !) Praying that Burt will continue to progress and heal. Are you or anyone else from the Forum planning to attend ?
Laura

Post by Laura »

My husband and I are flying in from Baltimore to see the show. This will be the 7th time I've seen Burt in San Diego. I don't know where we are sitting yet, because my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, who live in San Diego, got the tickets. In the past, when I attended the show alone, I could usually get a front row ticket when single performance tickets went on sale.

"heartlight" - no, I am not a symphony subscriber. It would be a long commute from Baltimore! Did you get your ticket? Anyone else going?

My next Burt concert after San Diego will be Sydney, Australia! All three shows! I traded in 80,000 frequent flyer miles. I originally had it booked for March and had to change it to November when Burt rescheduled the concerts.

Laura
Crownsville, Maryland
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

Laura,

Yes, my seat is in the first row toward the right of the stage...don't have the exact number with me right now.
I had asked if you were a subscriber because at the time you said you already had your seats and tickets were being sold only to Symphony members. Obviously if you live in MD, it would be a trek to S.D.

I had been concerned about the S.D. concert actually taking place after having read that the shows in New Zealand in Nov were once again cancelled due to his back surgery. But I guess he still plans on touring in Australia ?

Will we see any other Forum members in San Diego ???
Laura

Post by Laura »

"heartlight",

Sadly, you were right. The concerts in Sydney, Australia in November have been cancelled. I checked the Sydney Symphony webside. Looks like I will have to change my airline ticket for Sydney again! Now I am really afraid that Burt might cancel San Diego too. Regardless of who performs in San Diego, we will be there with the in-laws.

Laura

**SYDNEY SYMPHONY TO ANNOUNCE REPLACEMENT FOR BURT BACHARACH**

The Sydney Symphony wishes to advise that the upcoming Burt Bacharach performances at the Sydney Opera House on 11, 12, 13 November 2010 have been cancelled for medical reasons.

After undergoing back surgery in Los Angeles earlier this year, Bacharach’s recuperation is taking longer than expected making him unable to carry out his 2010 Australian tour.

The Sydney Symphony is set to announce a replacement for Mr Bacharach in the next few weeks.

Ticket-holders are advised to hold on to their tickets until such an announcement is made and will be advised in writing once the replacement is confirmed.
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

That's too bad, Laura; I know how disappointing it is. I had made plans for the concert in W. Palm Bch in Jan which was cancelled...( of course, the mileage and cost are NOT the same as yours !!)
I'm hoping that the main reason for the cancellation in NZ and Aus is due to the fact of flying about 15 hrs or so. Having back problems and flying are definitely not compatible.
Let's hope that a little drive down to San Diego will be more appealing and do-able for the Maestro.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

heartlight & Laura!

It's just a 20 mile drive from here in Del Mar to the San Diego Summer Pops Concert venue. Burt is here every summer during the Del Mar horse racing season which runs from July to September. A 15 hour flight is tough on anyone - especially after undergoing back surgery. I'll let you know if any local announcements are made regarding the San Diego Date!

ron
heartlight

Post by heartlight »

Thank you, Ron !
Let's hope Burt looks at it the same way as we do !!
Barbara
iomedia

Flying from Toronto Re: BURT IN SAN DIEGO

Post by iomedia »

I'm visiting California to see family, flying in from Toronto
and I hope my family can get tickets to see him.
I'll be doing videos of the Asian community there
for internet video on demand http://inoutside.biz, and
now also streaming webtv with http://torontotv.net .
I just confirmed a deal with the President to start a Philippine
community/variety channel to be called 'Halo Halo Channel' named
after the colourful tropical preserved fruit dessert. I wonder
if he does video interviews with alternative internet
ethnic-based web media? I wrote San Diego Symphony.
It would also be great to get permission to show Lost Horizon
on streaming webtv because internet is internationally
viewable even if Torontotv.net is based in Toronto Canada.
Some fan clubs have enough connections to meet bands after
concerts. Has anyone met him in person?
_____
It was a GREAT Concert! The crowd gave a standing ovation and clapped.
It was wonderful to finally see him on stage and hear the songs live!
It looked sold out even though it was cold outside. The seating was
numbered strangely though. I have to do a review later and post it.
Last edited by iomedia on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

Time is growing close to this date, and Im wondering if Burt is going to show
for this concert. Anyone?

Steveo
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

steveo_1965:
To the best of my knowledge - Burt is here in Del Mar for the racing season and will be appearing on Sunday. I'll be at the San Diego Symphony office tomorrow and will provide you with any updates!
FINGERS CROSSED,
Ron
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Hey Ron and Laura;

I know both of you really will enjoy the concert! Wish I could make the trek.

Please write a post for all of us on the forum, so we can share your joy!

Take care my friends!

Vincent
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

STOPPED AT THE SYMPHONY BOX OFFICE THIS AFTERNOON ............... AS OF NOW - SUNDAY'S CONCERT IS .... "STILL A GO" ........ LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! ..... WILL REPORT BACK NEXT WEEK.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Rob Shrock from Facebook: "Home for a few days and then off to San Diego with Burt Bacharach...."

Bye
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

Hey all,
i am hoping we can meet some new fans. i am flying out on Saturday and Heartlight has been so kind in offering to be my hostess with the mostess. We are like little girls when it comes to Burt. Our husbands just shrug and say "What can we do " lol ?
I am not sure which table but she says in the front so please look for two glassy eyed women Ha! Please say hello.
Love to you all,
Alvina