Katriona Taylor sings Bacharach in Barnes, SW London

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

pljms

Katriona Taylor sings Bacharach in Barnes, SW London

Post by pljms »

For those who live in the London area, the singer Katriona Taylor and her quintet are performing a show called 'The Best Of Bacharach' at The Bull's Head in Barnes on Saturday, November 11th. Fans of trivia will be interested to know that she's the daughter of the former British no.1 tennis player Roger Taylor who reached the semi-finals of Wimbledon on three occasions in the 60s and 70s and twice won the men's doubles title at the US Open.
Paul
Sara D

Re: Katriona Taylor sings Bacharach in Barnes, SW London

Post by Sara D »

I've never been to one of her gigs but Katriona Taylor has been a regular at The Bull's Head for several years now, although I believe this is the first time she's based a show on Bacharach songs.

As for her famous tennis playing dad Roger, I can remember him beating Rod Laver in the fourth round of Wimbledon in 1970, only to lose to the eventual champion John Newcombe in the semis. I believe Burt used to play a bit of pro-am tennis and of course there's that famous scene from one of his TV specials of him and Chris Evert hitting a few balls and having an obviously scripted 'chat'.