Burt in NY t*o*n*i*g*t

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Rio

Burt in NY t*o*n*i*g*t

Post by Rio »

I was afraid someone here might overlook a great opportunity.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/arts/music/31pop.html

BURT BACHARACH (Monday and Tuesday) Elvis Costello's 1998 collaboration helped reveal the strange melodic contours and bitter melancholy in songs by Burt Bacharach with Hal David's lyrics, spurring a rediscovery of the composer behind "Walk on By," "The Look of Love" and "Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head." On his own, Mr. Bacharach conceals his peculiarities behind a thick gauze of easy-listening arrangements. 8 p.m., B. B. King Blues Club & Grill, 237 West 42nd Street, Manhattan, (212) 997-4144; $75 to $150. (Jon Pareles)
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

$75 to $150? That's a chunk of change, but if B.B. King's is a relatively intimate venue, it could be well worth it.

Did anybody go?
ComeTouchTheSun

?

Post by ComeTouchTheSun »

Isn't this article referring to the shows on Monday and Tuesday nights?

My mom and I are going to both shows! We are flying from St. Louis for them. I think I saw other people on the board say they are going as well. Tuesday night our tickets (the $150 ones) include a meet and greet, an autographed poster from Burt, and a copy of his new CD (which we already have but one more won't hurt :lol: ).