Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

WALK ON BY.....

Post by blueonblue »

Hi Dennis,
Thank you for that wonderful "clip" !!!

"blue"
Here's a bit of "vintage" Burt !!!
Roberto Pinardi

Magic song

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

bye ciao

Rob
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Burt being interviewed on Japanese television... and playing and singing. You'll understand some of it.... and all of it if you speak Japanese. But still great for fans of Burt everywhere!
Last edited by An Enormous BB Fan on Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An Enormous BB Fan

They Don't Give Medals (to Yesterday's Heroes)

A duet with Dionne and B J Thomas singing "They Don't Give Medals (to Yesterday's Heroes).

From the great dibotis:

On December 6, 1969, Burt Bacharach took Dionne Warwick and BJ Thomas to A&R studios and recorded two tunes as a duet, They Don't Give Medals and Make It Easy On Yourself. It is believed that these duets were either to be included in Dionne's I'll Never Fall In Love Again or Very Dionne LPs, but both were eventually culled in favor of Dionne's solo version of Medals, and a live version of Make It Easy on Yourself which became a hit for Dionne in 1970. In 2006 Rhino released on the "Very Dionne" reissue these hereto unknown duet tracks found in the Warner vaults along with an unknown 1970 Dionne Warwick recording of a very quirky and unusual Bacharach tune "(The Very First Person I Met In) California". Dionne cut Heroes as a solo track in the same session. Also discovered in the Warner vaults was an empty tape box labeled with notations that Dionne Warwick first recorded Burt Bacharach and Hal David's "Everybodys Out of Town" in the same December session. BJ recorded the tune a month later as his followup to Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head. The master tape containing Dionne's original December 1969 version of "Everybody's Out of Town" has never been found.

Steve Schenck

Thanks Enormous!

Post by Steve Schenck »

Thanks so much for posting that fantastic link! What a great rendition of "Heroes!" This is one of my all time favorite Burt tunes; one of those that is often unknown and underheard. It doesn't get as much play as it deserves. Without good folks like you, many of us would never get to hear these gems. Thanks for thinking of us! Steve
Roberto Pinardi

lost horizon's song

bye
Bob
vincent.cole

Reply: An Enormous BB Fan

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour An Enormous BB Fan;

Hey thanks for posting this rehearsal!

It would be just great, if they recorded the Live Show for release!!! 8)

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
blueonblue

ME JAPANESE BOY....................

Post by blueonblue »

Never heard this version................until now !
Quite wonderful ! :D

Enjoy !
"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

A version of "Bond Street" you might enjoy.

Burt's compositions will be interpreted by musicians for all of time, I do believe. Just as Shakespeare's play will last forever, so will Burt's music.

Steve Schenck

this version of "bond street"

Post by Steve Schenck »

Enormous - thanks for the post! What a terrific rendition! I loved the almost-Brazilian feel to the piece and the use of voices as instruments. It seemed to be a not large band but the arrnagement sounded so full, with a rich percussion section. What a great piece of music, proving again that great works stand the test of time and cultures. Steve
An Enormous BB Fan

Thanks Steve for you kind comments. (Vincent, too!)

Here's an orchestrated version of "This Guy's In Love With You"... it's a bit different, but I enjoyed it very much.

I love youtube so much!! Can't live without it now!
blueonblue

MIKE MYERS !

Post by blueonblue »

.............the "essence" of Burt !!!

"blue"
PS
Is that Tom Jones in the audience at 2:52 ?
vincent.cole

Reply: Blue

Post by vincent.cole »

:D Bonjour Blue;

It does look like Tom Jones. But that's, 'Not Unusual.'

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
Last edited by vincent.cole on Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueonblue

TOM.........

Post by blueonblue »

Vincent,
.............very good !!!!!!! LOL :D

"blue"
Roberto Pinardi

Giorgia...great

Giorgia italian singer
Beatiful and great.....

bye