The Look of Love BURT / RON

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Marcel

The Look of Love BURT / RON

Post by Marcel »

Listening to the great compositions of BURT, the LOOK of LOVE.
After all these years it still gives me goosebumps
Great Arrangement and even the flugelhorns and strings
Thats BURT the MAESTRO
The best performance ever heard
An Enormous BB Fan

Re: The Look of Love BURT / RON

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

marcel wrote:Listening to the great compositions of BURT, the LOOK of LOVE.
After all these years it still gives me goosebumps
Great Arrangement and even the flugelhorns and strings
Thats BURT the MAESTRO
The best performance ever heard
I listen to that CD a lot. I agree totally with what you said. In a way, I think his new intro and arrangement for The Look Of Love has made the song greater than before (perhaps). I love the new intro and ending to Raindrops and I love the new soulful rendition. I love In Between The Heartaches all over again. And you're right, no one arranges music like Burt can. I things I hear in his arranging are mind boggling. No one does it like that!
hicketyhackety927

Post by hicketyhackety927 »

I agree. His new arrangements are a nice change. Some of the arrangements, like the one for Raindrops, make the songs sound completely different, which proves that Burt is an excellent arranger.
TomS

Intro's and Endings

Post by TomS »

Have to agree the intro's and endings of Burts songs are as beautiful as the heart of the song, almost a song in themselves. Raindrops, Look of Love in particular are great on Isley and Burts CD. Close To You, ending is something you could listen to over and over again too.
Tom