New Burt song in LITTLE BLACK BOOK movie?

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nymusicalsguy

New Burt song in LITTLE BLACK BOOK movie?

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Can anybody confirm? A soundtrack album doesn't
even seem to be in the offing for this film....

Reuters - 'Bayer Sager, Simon Penning Tunes Together'
By Melinda Newman

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Carole Bayer Sager and Carly Simon are writing together, Bayer Sager tells Billboard.

The two had a big hit with "Nobody Does It Better," which Simon sang for the 1977 James Bond film "The Spy Who Loved Me," but that song was written by Bayer Sager and Marvin Hamlisch.

The pair have written about six songs together, including two that Bayer Sager believes will appear in "My Little Black Book," a film starring Brittany Murphy and Kathy Bates.

One number for that soundtrack that surely will have tongues wagging is "Walk Away," the first song Bayer Sager has written with Burt Bacharach since their divorce in 1991.

"Carly and I have about six songs, so I'm trying to convince Carly to do her own record. She sounds so great, as good as ever," Bayer Sager says.

Other co-writers with Simon and Bayer Sager include Britney Spears choreographer Wade Robson, David Foster and Babyface.

Reuters/Billboard
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

When Brittany Murphy, one of the stars of My Little Black Book, was on the David Letterman show a few weeks ago, Paul Shaffer had the band play her on with Burt's (and Hal's) "My Little Red Book". I would imagine that only a small percentage of the viewer's got the reference, but I could have predicted it. Paul is an enormous fan of Burt's, too, after all. (What knowledgeable musician isn't???)

Little Black Book

Post by Guest »

Saw Little Black Book over the weekend and only songs played where
Carly Simon songs. Did not hear any new material, from Burt or Carly.
All past songs of Carly Simon's. Can someone confirm their is a new song from Burt in the movie. If their was I missed it.
John