Burt boxset of A&M material, etc.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bill

Burt boxset of A&M material, etc.

Post by Bill »

Received word yesterday from the Hip-O people that the Burt boxset mentioned here a month or so ago is now expected to be released toward the end of September.
Dennis Webb

Re: Burt Boxset of A&M Material

Post by Dennis Webb »

Bill, please keep us up to date on this if you can. I sometimes forget about these things if they are too far out in the future.

I now wonder about the release of Volume 2 of lesser-known Bacharach originals and covers that was supposed to follow the Volume 1 that I bought about a year or two ago. I think the record company was British. They were promising a Volume 2 but I haven't seen anything more about it. Maybe I can find a website for them if I check the label on the CDs.
hicketyhackety927

Post by hicketyhackety927 »

Does anyone know if there is a track listing available for the boxset yet?
mark
Site Admin

Post by mark »

Dennis, it was Raven Records from Australia that released The Rare Bacharach Vol. 1.

There's no mention of a volume two on its Web site, http://www.ravenrecords.com.au/
Blair N. Cummings

Rare Bacharach

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

I tried posting this a minute ago but was apparently unsuccessful. My apologies if it appears twice.
I contacted the Raven people a while back and was told that the hassles involved in producing the first volume were enough to discourage a second.

Post by Guest »

Do you think there's no other way to order but from them directly?