5 cd collection "The Music of Burt Bacharach" prom

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

gkaiser

5 cd collection "The Music of Burt Bacharach" prom

Post by gkaiser »

I have a five-cd collection, produced by The Burt Bacharach Music Group as a promotional item for the TNT Network's Burt Bacharach special a few years ago. It features 84 songs by Burt, mostly the recordings by whatever artist made them most famous.

For example, it contains the Naked Eyes version of "Always Something The to Remind Me," but also the version by Sandie Shaw. It contains the Ronnie Milsap version of "Any Day Now," but also the Chuck Jackson version. The Elvis Costello version of "I Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself," but also the Dusty Springfield version.

This is a truly amazing collection, released only as a promo item, never put on sale to the general public. I have no idea how many of these exist, and was wondering if anyone might know. I may place it up for sale, and would like to determine a fair price. I can't find any other mention of this item anywhere on the internet.

Any help would be greatly apprecited. Please contact me at gregorykaiser@yahoo.com