Just a thought....

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

BB4LIFE

Just a thought....

Post by BB4LIFE »

Hey everyone,

I was just listening to an old version of "A House Is Not A Home," with Burt singing, and I tell you what, I would love for him to make a CD some day of him singing maybe 10 or so of his all time favorite songs he's written. I know his voice is fragile and not as strong as it used to be, but I think that would make the recordings even more special. Because without a doubt one would still be able to hear and feel the passion and emotion going into each song. I know some say Burt should never sing, blah blah blah, that's nonsense. Especially when people are saying he shouldn't sing his own songs. Give me a break! I think it's so moving and lovely when he sings the songs that he has contributed to in one way or another. In fact he is one of my favorite singers. But back to the CD...I'm not thinking Burt and a big orchestra or back up vocalists. I'm thinking it should just be Burt and his piano. That's all. Talk about priceless. Anyone else think this would be pretty sweet? I hope it happens some day. Hope all is well for everyone. Take care.

BB4LIFE
gabba

Re: Just a thought....

Post by gabba »

thanks to write that!!!HAVE YOU EVER LISTENED TO THE DEMOS OF lOST hORIZON WITH HIM AND THE PIANO ONLY??
he feels his own songs like no one else and it's a pity he never did what you're asking for!!!
BYE gabba
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

Thanks for this post. I have long thought he should do and album of him singing HIS music. I loved his voice on first listen in 1969. I had not even really seen the man that i know of. I felt his soul in every word. I still do, and really think his voice is about the same as then.
Thanks again for bringing this up.
Love to you all,
Alvina
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I recommend getting some copies of Burt's demos..they are out there...
This would fulfill your wish, partially....: ) I know the Lost Horizon demos are out there somewhere...and other"solos" culled from concerts
like "Alfie"....

Steveo
nymusicalsguy

Post by nymusicalsguy »

Film Score Monthly/Screen Archives & their affiliates frequently release deluxe editions of classic soundtracks including demos, alternate takes, etc. etc. Perhaps everyone on this list should contact them about the possibility of considering an expanded LOST HORIZON to include not only the songs, but Burt's full score (only available thus far on a laser disc) and his (wonderful, wonderful) demos. Stranger things have happened...they've never tackled a Bacharach score, but they've done wonders for the work of Henry Mancini, Randy Newman, Marvin Hamlisch, John Williams & others. LOST HORIZON would be an ideal project for them to tackle...
Alvina

Post by Alvina »

All good tips but for me him doing them with today's sound systems would beeven better. If one must dream lol.