Burt November 21, 2014 Kansas City Review

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

vincent.cole

Burt November 21, 2014 Kansas City Review

Post by vincent.cole »

Star Date: Friday, November 21, 2014

Place: “Kauffman Center Performing Arts (Kansas City Missouri)”

Time: 7:30 P.M.

Super Nova: Mr. Burt Bacharach (The Silver Fox)”

“Prelude”

This was a home coming for Burt! What a beautiful center to have their native son to perform at! The photos that I took will bear this out.

“Highlights”

You may think after all of the Burt Bacharach shows I have attended over the years, it would just be another ho-hum performance. Well that was not the case.
Burt seem like he borrow some extra energy from the ‘Energizer Bunny’!

I just love to meet new fans who were attending their 1st Burt Concert. Believe me there were many. I talked to a few before the concert started. There was a very nice couple name the Wagner’s who were attending and I told them they were in for a special treat! I would say that the Kauffman Center was 80% full (seats 1,800). This beautiful $350 million venue was designed & constructed by the same people who created the Sydney Opera House in Australia. Like Sydney, it has amazing acoustics.

Burt’s performance (including comments) was about 2 hours long. As always Burt’s 3 sterling singers, Donna Taylor, Josie James and John Pagano were at their zenith that night! The perfection that the band members bring is without question!

A few of the solo highlights for me were; ‘Anyone Who Had a Heart’ (Josie James! ‘Waiting for Charlie to Come Home’ (Donna Taylor). ‘Charlie’ came home this night!!! ‘Any Day Now’ (John Pagano, Tom on the horn)!

Well we can’t forget the Silver Fox, Mr. Burt Bacharach! Burt sang his favorite ‘Alfie’ and conducted the band!

Burt and his Manager Sue Main arrived on Thursday in Kansas City. Burt went to the house where he lived until 1 year of age. Guess what the street name that he lived on? It was, Warwick Street! See the attached link.

As always Burt gives kudos to the Brilliant Hal David & the Great Dionne Warwick! In my judgment, there will never be a triad like them in music again! Burt is well aware of the fact that, Hal & Dionne were very instrumental in his career!

“Epilogue & Backstage”

With the help of Burt’s Manger, Sue Main, I found my way to the, ‘Meet & Greet Room’. There were about 12 to 14 people in the room waiting for Burt. The people in this room were the very big supporters of the Kauffman Center! There was also a professional photographer who was taking photos of the people in the know! I wait last to have my picture taken with Burt. Burt had a big smile on his face and gave me one of those manly handshakes. Burt asked me where did I fly in from for the show. I told him Charlotte North Carolina. I ask Burt will he be coming to the East Coast in 2015. Burt gave me some really good news. He told me he will be in Charlotte North Carolina in March of 2015! Hey, Alvina, Laura & Bonkersforburt hope this happens and I will see you all @ the show!

Just one more thing. I mention to Burt I saw that article on his son Oliver, who said that, Burt (father) was his best friend”. Burt had this huge smile on his face!

Take care;

Vincent

Attachments
Kauffman Center-Kansas-City-05-1.jpg
Kauffman Center-Kansas-City-05-1.jpg (71.77 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
Burt-Vincent-Kansas-11-21-2014-1.jpg
Burt-Vincent-Kansas-11-21-2014-1.jpg (34.29 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
Kauffman Center-Kansas City-02-1.jpg
Kauffman Center-Kansas City-02-1.jpg (42.95 KiB) Viewed 3849 times
blueonblue

Re: Burt November 21, 2014 Kansas City Review

Post by blueonblue »

Bonjour Vincent,
Many thanks for those superb photo's and wonderful revue !
And what a magnificent venue !
Hal David once wrote a lyric about going back to the place where you used to live called "No One Remembers My Name"........no one will ever forget Burt's name.
....or Hal's.

Take care mon ami and thank you for sharing.
"blue"
vincent.cole

Re: Burt November 21, 2014 Kansas City Review

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Blue;

Thanks for the kudos as always!

It was a truly a great concert experience, even though I have seen Burt many times in concert! It's always refreshing to go to a new city, meet the band, fans and especially Burt!

Take care mon ami.

Vincent