Burt UK News!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Andrew

Burt UK News!

Post by Andrew »

I have just heard on BBC Radio 2 that Burt is giving a live interview on Steve Wright's afternoon show 9th September 2005 (this Friday). I presume he will be talking about his new album. You can listen again to BBC Radio 2 shows online 24 hours after they are originally broadcast.

I am hoping that Burt may have some news about a possible UK appearance, I will keep you posted if I hear anything. If anybody knows anything about a possible Burt appearance PLEASE, PLEASE let me know.

I saw Dionne on Sunday at The North Wales Theatre and it was a fantastic show. Since Dionne is here in the UK and if Burt is here, who knows, my dream to see them both together may come true! Here's hoping!!

Andrew

Post by Guest »

Thank You very much. :D

Post by Guest »

I've been listening to the program all morning and haven't heard a peep about Burt being interviewed today...only 15 minutes remain in the program. :(
Andrew

No Show!

Post by Andrew »

I know, me too. There wasn't even a mention of why the interview didn't go ahead.

I'm 99.9% sure they said it was that Friday and not next Friday. I have emailed the bbc asking what the position is but as yet have had no reply.

I will post an update as soon as I hear back from them.

Sorry!
Andrew :oops:

Post by Guest »

That's ok, Andrew. We appreciate the info and look forward to the update.

Post by Guest »

my understanding is that it was on Thursday, but they say they cannot show the program again due to copyright issues. so on T after the program we could only watch the repeat of Wednesdays´s program.
Andrew

It's Today!!!

Post by Andrew »

Following on from my earlier post, Burt is definitely being interviewed today on the Steve Wright show, BBC Radio 2. As I mentioned, you can listen again to the interview via the Radio 2 website.

Also, Dionne gave an interview yesterday on Radio Merseyside, prior to her appearance at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall on Saturday. Dionne also mentioned that she is holding a Masterclass at the Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts (LIPA) whilst she is in the city.

Post by Guest »

Great, thanks Andrew!! I just tuned it in and hopefully it hasn't aired yet.
CC

Link to interview?

Post by CC »

Can someone please supply the link to the video/audio interview when they find it? I've been all over BBC2 Radio and can't find the interview...I've read the interview on the BBC website, but it doesn't offer a video/audio link.

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

I second that request and add that I didn't even find the transcript of the interview, just an article that includes some of it.
Thanks to anyone who can direct me to it.
Bill

Post by Bill »

There have been two recent postings relative to Burt appearing on BBC. Andrew's original post for this link conveyed information about Burt's BBC2 radio appearance, which did in fact take place today around 11:30EST. The other post related to a BBC-TV appearance he made a week or so ago. I believe Andrew also indicated that the radio program, Steve Wright in the Afternoon, can be listened to again for up to 24 hours after the program originally airs. Burt's appearance took place roughly 2 1/2 hours into the program. By the way, Mr. Wright announced 10/31 as the release date for "At This Time." They played snippets of 3 songs from the album--"Who Are These People," "Please Explain" and "Where Did It Go," on which Burt handles the lead vocal. It's definitely worth a visit to the BBC archives.

BBC Radio 2 Steve Wright

Post by Guest »

at the moment the interview with Burt is on the Play Again option for Steve Wright's show at :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainfram ... wright_tue

Needs Realplayer. Use the Forward 15 minutes button to get 2hrs 30mins into the show.

There's usually a page for Celebrity Interviews but it will take a while for this to come online if they are making Burt's interview available in this slot.

John
CC

Post by CC »

Thanks for the link! I finally got to hear it!
vincent.cole

Bonjour Andrew & others

Post by vincent.cole »

:D I just listed to parts of the 3 new songs Burt has on the new CD!

I can't wait for it to be release!!! 8)

I could relate to the song, "Where Did It Go". Burt use to ride the subway in New York City when he was 12 years of age. I remember taking the Staten Island Ferry to New York and then the # 1 train up town to see my grand father when I was 10, in the early 60's!

Burt indicated that he worry about his young kids who are 9 and 12 years old and the world that they have to live in. Well I am a grand father 4 times over and I feel the same way! :cry:

I hope Burt will do some of these songs @ his concerts!!!

Take care;

Vincent
Take care;

Vincent
Roberto Pinardi

3 songs

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

"Who Are These People," "Please Explain" and "Where Did It Go"
Greats songs !
Bravo Maestro!
Thanks

Roberto