Minnie Riperton

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Hank

Minnie Riperton

Post by Hank »

I don't know much about Minnie Riperton (other than Loving You (is easy cos you're beautiful) but I'll be learning a bit more on the strength of this Bacharach flavored track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vLHwyxa-FA
nowmedical

Re: Minnie Riperton

Post by nowmedical »

Wow, really wow. Thanks for posting. I used to be a Minnie fan when I was at school in the 70's - remember Adventures in Paradise? - but I must have missed this one.

As a payback, here's an arguably even better track that I'm sure Burt must've written...

grooverider

Post by grooverider »

What a joy to hear from a voice that, like the music of Burt Bacharach, brings up so much emotion. Ms. Riperton passed away right before my birthday in July of 1979, so for me, it's always a day of both much celebration and much sadness. She passed away here in Los Angeles at Cedars Sinai Hospital close to where I live. I only wish I could have brought some measure of comfort to her as she has to me with her music.
It would have been a match made in heaven if she had been able to collaborate with Burt Bacharach, her voice having such range, depth and power, that in my dreams, the collaboration would have been a very special occasion. Ms. Rliperton did record with many of the same musicians that also play on various Burt Bacharach recordings, but that's as close as it got.
Thank you very much for sharing her music and helping us to remember the musical legacy of a most special lady, Minnie Riperton.
Last edited by grooverider on Sat May 23, 2009 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hank

Post by Hank »

I downloaded the album Come To My Garden and it's really growing on me big time.

I'm always scouring around for forgotten gems (at least unknown to me) - especially from this era (late 60's - early 70's) and this one solid gold !

It will definitely have a lot of appeal for Burt fans.

Do yourselves a favor.....

and as always....if anyone can point me towards more gold ?......