Every Other Hour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

Every Other Hour

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Thanx Toms1234 for sharing Josie's English version "Every Other Hour"! Burt himself stated that this is a "brand new song" during his introductions of the band members. I have been a devout fan of Burt's for 50 years and this new song is absolutely my favorite! I hope he records Dionne doing this one--her voice is mellower than Josie's and besides, I think newer Bacharach material would be deeply appreciated by all of her fans. I know she's in the studio recording a George Duke-produced album by songs of Sammy Cahn do for release this summer, but I can only hope that she does something with Burt and Hal real soon.
cipus

Re: Every Other Hour

Post by cipus »

Dear Bruce i'm totally in accord with you! That song was recently presented at the italian " Festival di Sanremo " with the extraordinary interpretation of the young singer Karima featuring Mario Biondi, with is sensual bass voice, and Burt at the piano. All the audience was impressed from the beginning 'til the end of the song. Dionne.....is Dionne! She, with her talent, can sing everything better than any other singer. Josie in the video of the concert of San Paolo, on Youtube, is...so and so! In all the next 5 summer concert of Burt in italy ( Lucca, Perugia, Brescia, Sicily and Rome ), Karima will sing the italian version " come in ogni ora " , plus two songs: one brand new, plus a " standard ". Obviously i'll be there! A great ......CIAO from Claudio!
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

I have been listening to this song (Karima and Biondi -- and the one with just Karima) on youtube for the past two weeks over and over and over. His orchestration slays me, too. I feel the same about "Falling Out of Love". I can't get either song out of my head. Can you name another pop composer in his 80's who can write songs with the same brilliance that he had in his 20's and 30's? I don't think so.
Toms1234

Post by Toms1234 »

Looks like Every Other Hour did pretty well on the music charts too.

The song Come In Ogni Ora by Karima has been listed for 7 weeks on the Italy Singles Top 50. It entered the chart on position 10 on week 9/2009, it's last appearance was on week 15/2009. It peaked on number 9, where it stayed for 1 week.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

The Best of 2009, thanks Burt, Mario & Karima

http://video.libero.it/app/play?id=87ac ... a918d76adf

Roberto

:D :) :shock: :lol: :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tom Michael

Post by Tom Michael »

Where can I get a copy of Karimas recordings of Burts songs?
Fantastic
Tom Michael