Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

blueonblue

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by blueonblue »

I apologise if this link isn't Burt related.........but this lady is absolutely magnificent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"blue"
PS
Never judge a book by it's cover !
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

The best version of "If I Could Go Back" I've ever heard !!!
Would "Lost Horizon" have been any different, had this fine actor played the leading role ?

"blue"
Rio

Post by Rio »

This must be on easy-to-come-across "related [to Come in ogni ora] videos," and probably many here are already familiar with it. Still, for those who aren't, specially those who play piano, here's a treat:

By the way: the person who posted it says that he was anxious to see Burt's performance, but was disapointed, at first. He was dismayed at the very few and sparse notes. It was as if he had to use a flash light to find them in the dark. But he came to realize that in that case less was more and just as a great painter knew, of a wide palate of colors, just which ones to use, Burt was very selective and reached a result that only his genius could. (I am doing this from memory after, two or three days ago, combining both the similarities bw Portuguese and Italian and the use of Babelfish to translate from Italian to English.)
An Enormous BB Fan

Marlene Dietrich "One For My Baby" -- with Burt

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

According to this video, it says "Orchestra under the direction of Burt Bacharach."

I have two questions: Is that Burt at the piano? I would think that it would have to be Burt, no? Anyway, his playing is not like anything I've heard him do. Of course, it's fantastic! I just didn't know he could play in that particular way (as well as in his own style).

The second question is this: Did Burt orchestrate this song? I love it! But, again, you might not consider this to be in Burt's style either.

Burt's musical genius never ends. And Marlene knew it, too.

Toms1234

Post by Toms1234 »

New Bacharach Song Every Other Hour
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Long lost track from a obscure Bacharach and David "TV Musical" called "On The Flip Side" (1966)

"blue"
Rio

Post by Rio »

Mark Lindsey
Something Big, with scenes from the movie.
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Magic en great song.....

http://www.facebook.com/ext/share.php?s ... 3Ui&ref=nf

Bob
:shock:

Grazie Massimo
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Rio;

I did not know, "Something Big" was from a western!

Hey, you always learn something on this great forum!! 8)

Thanks again!
Take care;

Vincent
burtchifan

Post by burtchifan »

From the many reviews I've read for "Live in Sydney" cd, they all made it sound as if though Burt was retiring or not going to write any more. I think it's quite the contrary: Burt still going strong at 81! That is simply amazing and jaw-dropping. Is Burt interested in recording another album? Would he include the newer songs? As a treat to all Burt fans, would A&M (or whatever they are called now or whoever owns the masters) ever release AFFORDABLE US versions of Burt's albums on CD? I know Amazon and other sites offer a $100 box-set that includes all of Burt's albums on one set. I think the set is great, but if they could release each CD individually, that be even better. It would be a treat listening to 'Woman', 'Futures', and 'Living Together' on CD. Or, as a download to MP3.
An Enormous BB Fan

"It Doesn't Matter Anymore"

An Enormous BB Fan

"Saturday Sunshine"

An Enormous BB Fan

"Promise Her Anything"

Dennis Webb

"Never Throw Your Dreams Away"

Post by Dennis Webb »

I couldn't help but post this wonderful little gem. I've always loved Joanie Sommers, and this 1965 release is such a perfect embodiment of that 1960's songwriting style that Burt did so much to influence. See what you think.

-Dennis Webb
Rio

Post by Rio »

Thanks, Dennis. I've just listened to it, and it seems to fit exactly with what you said, me thinks. I supopse listening to it again will only reinforce that.