Do you think Burt...

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

Do you think Burt...

Post by nowmedical »

Do you think Burt reads this forum?
ron hertel

Re: Do you think Burt...

Post by ron hertel »

nowmedical:

I'd like to think that he does - or at least one of "his people" does! Perhaps Mark might be in a position to answer this question. Some of the forum participants are obviously very technically astute when it comes to discussing Burt's music. Perhaps some who post are closely associated with Burt. Personally - if I were worthy of a website dedicated to what I do - I would certainly be interested in what people had to say about it!
Burt is obviously appreciative of his fans (warmly greets them following his concerts); therefore, I suspect he is somewhat aware of what is discussed here. Any further input Mark?

ron
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

i know some of the band members read the forum...
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
mserra

Post by mserra »

I agree with Ron and David.At the Forlì concert, in 2006,I spoke breafley with Jane Bacharach,she told me that she and Oliver,monitor regularely this site and Forum to get feedback from Burt's fans and aficionados - worldwide.
David,is Eliza on tour with Burt next July? Hope to see her in Rome,on the24th.I will be there together with Roberto Pinardi,his wife Antonella,My friend and personal assistent Alfonso.I'll be sitting on my compact wheelchair. Hope to have the opportunity to say hello to both of them.(Eliza and Burt)
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Yes: Ms. Eliza will be on the tour. If I could go, I would try the concert in Sicily which is going to be in an ancient amphitheatre. Ms. Eliza was going to have a tryout with Metallica (some difference in style huh?) as an "extra" in Belgium before the tour, but the music industry is fickle. As an aside to our British readers: The London Daily Telegraph online has an article:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/musi ... ation.html

which reports that Allison Crowe, a Canadian musician, and her band were denied entry under new rules. This could adversely affect Burt's band (somehow I doubt it though) and will affect bands generally going to the UK.

Ms. Eliza is OK though: she was born in Yeovil, Somerset, England.

But the effect is chilling. Speak up for your freedoms or they will be gone.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

In addition to Jane Bacharach and Burt's son Oliver - Dionne Warwick and "her people" obviously respect this site as well. It is one of 6 links posted on her website - dionnewarwick.info - identifying it as "Burt Bacharach's website" Also Dionne's site posts items of interest relating to Burt on a regular basis.