Waiting For Charlie:What song!!!

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

mserra

Waiting For Charlie:What song!!!

Post by mserra »

My friends I really love Burt's song Waiting for Charlie, that he preformed together with the Duch singer Trintjie Osterjius last week. to day he is startiting his italian tour in Lucca . The event WILL BE BRODCASTED BY RADIO 1 RAI,at 9,00 PM italy's time table.The show will be introduced and commented by Federica Gentile. One of our porominent Music experts.
Chris1968

Re: Waiting For Charlie:What song!!!

Post by Chris1968 »

Hi ! I just read your posting and I´m a little to late. I receive all the italian radio programs via satellite. But now it´s 01.30 hrs. Berlin local time. Do you know if RAI Radio put that concert on podacast on their website ? Some radio stations do this like the BBC. They put all their programs on their website and you can listen to it till 7 days after the broadcast. Even concerts. It would be great if you can post other broadcast dates. Perhaps RAI will air another concert on TV or radio. Or perhaps Burt will appear in an italian TV show like last year ... let´s see.
Best wishes,
Chris Muermann
mserra

Post by mserra »

Dear Chris,I beleave ,That last night concert in Lucca is surely on RAI RADIO1 Podcast: Surf the web and Enjoy.
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

"Waiting for Charlie" is truly a remarkable song. It almost doesn't do it justice to simply call it a "song". It's a musical composition of the highest order. And this is why I felt that Burt should have composed more Broadway show, where music like that could have found a much wider audience. (Yes, I know how Burt really didn't have the greatest experience with "Promises, Promises" and wasn't anxious to try another show. But I'm speaking for his music's sake.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

In the mid-sixties, on the jukebox in my family's nightclub, was a version of "Waiting for Charlie to Come Home" on 45rpm. This version was done by Nancy Wilson and upon hearing it, I opened up the jukebox and took a look at it to see who the writers/producers/arrangers were and I wasn't surprised when I saw Burt's name as the composer as it had his signature sound all over it. After that, I started playing it over and over and other patrons picked up on it and they too started playing it! I have yet to hear Etta's version but only wish that Dionne would record it.
Burtelich

Post by Burtelich »

It is rather interesting and Some Timing! - I brought the CD cover of 'Rare Bacharach' to show Burt, I just love this CD. I deliberately did not bring the CD because I was afraid I might be tempted to give it to him - when in Antwerpen - I did not expect to be able to just go on the net and order another one.. and all of a sudden this CD seems to be everywhere - I too LOVE 'Waiting for Charlie' have played it every Saturday the last 4-5 years when I try to get around my house a bit.. I was just checking the sleeve of the CD - it IS Etta James singing. Would love to hear it by Nancy Wilson too, she is one of my other favorites. Who does not remember her version of the fantastic 'Guess Who I Saw Today' stunning.

And - I have asked my entire family in Italy to watch out for reviews and any mention in the local or Roman newspapers.. Can't wait !