European Tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

European Tour

Post by someonenameddavid »

From what i hear, the band is having a blast on the tour, and they were so well received in Norway, that a return visit is highly likely... but the moderators of this group will have to get the "official word" :wink:

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
vincent.cole

Re: European Tour

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour David;

Thanks for the great news abourt Burt & his band on tour!
Take care;

Vincent
Burtelich

Re: European Tour

Post by Burtelich »

Finally after the Oslo concert I found a review - which I translated into English and sent to Burt - hope you like it !

• Concert: Burt Bacharach
• Venue: Wrightegaarden, Langesund
• Audience: 1000

- What generation I belong to ? I belong to the ’dessert’ (afters) generation, a member of the audience who was born in the 40s said.to yours truly (employed at TA) just before Burt Bacharach entered the stage. And he was not the only really mature person in the audience. Several hundreds of the chairs were placed so that everybody had the opportunity of both seeing the show and sitting down in a pleasant position at the same time.
Howerver, people did not stay in their seats - When the legend himself entered the stage, people got up and applauded seriously. The singers sang «What the world needs now», before the main attraction Mr Bahcarach spoke.
HITS all over the world

-The common factor of the songs we will play tonight is that they were all written by the same guy, Bacharach told his thrilled audience. Then a medley of the more rare songs followed such as «Don't make me over», «Walk on by», «This guy», «Say a little prayer», «Train boats and planes». «Theres always something there to remind me», «Close to you» og «On my own» just to mention some of the most famous songs, that were hits all over the world. The energy, the music and even the eight musicians’ and the three singers’ sense of mood they were in were so fantastic that there was scarcely any need to be missiong the artists who originally recorded these songs, and made them hits all over the world. Only a little - Dionne Warwick renders a better version af «Walk on by» og «Say a little prayer» than the one the three singers’ performaned yesterday at Wrigthegaarden. - But doesn’t that just go to show how spoilt the world was when Dionne recorded those songs and the numerous other of the Bacharach master pieces?.

Then it happened
- Do you wonder whether it was easy or difficult for me when I first started composing? Burt Bacharach asked the audience, and answered his own question right away.
- It ws extremely difficult. More difficult that you can imagine. Nobody loved Burt Bacharach, then, well maybe my mum and dad, he said ironically. – But then it happened.
- When Perry Como recorded «Magical Moment» everything became so much more easy, he then added, and went to the piano and played this classic song. .
The musician, composer and pianist who appeared at the stage at Writghtegaardens scene, has reached the ripe age of 81 years. This is a fact that is extremely hard to grasp. With his great charme, huge presence and strong musical sense he proved to the audience at Wrightegaardens that he still belongs on that stage. And appearing like this, dressed in tennis shoes, blazer and jeans, he seems so much younger than his actual age, that both his songs and Mr Bacharach himself simply have to go on living for quite a long time yet.

Translation: –( it was hard for me not to add even more superlatives).
mserra

Re: European Tour:Rome

Post by mserra »

Thank you for posting this Wonderfull video. Photos and a jont comment will be posted soon by Roberto Pinardi. Burt and the whole ensable were simply [GREAT/color]inclouding Karima,of couse. The audience WAS AT IT'S CLIMAX.