Jamie Anders

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Jamie Anders

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Does anyone know whatever became of Jamie Anders. He sang on Burt's "Futures" album. He sang "We Should Have Met Sooner" and "When You Bring Your Sweet Love To Me". He obviously was a great singer if Burt used him. When I tried looking him up on Google, some of the links brought me right back to this very forum where someone mentioned his name in one of our discussions. Pretty good, right? Anyhow, I'm wondering what became of him.
Bruce Bernard Williams

Re: Jamie Anders

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Using Yahoo! as my search engine, he popped up as a featured vocalist on Burt's "Futures" album and that's about it. After hearing Mario Biondi's voice on "Every Other Hour" (my favorite song by Burt), it reminded me of Jamie's gritty and soulful voice. I really like the way both of them enunciate each and every word. Speaking of words, does anyone know who wrote (translated?) the lyrics to "Every Other Hour"? I like Karima's voice alright but I don't understand Portuguese and wish that maybe Dionne/Jamie would record it ala Karima/Mario in English for us folks here in the United States. I would love to have an English version on CD so that I could play it over and over and over! For me, the combination of one person singing in Portuguese and the other in English is just too distracting and takes away from the author's original intent.