Lost Horizon

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

russbrad

Lost Horizon

Post by russbrad »

Hi all

I just got up about lunchtime (in the U.K) after a late night. I made a cup of coffee sat down turned the t.v on and to my complete surprise the opening credits to "Lost Horizon" start. Our U.K. channel 5 is now showing the film. It's on for over 2hrs with adverts, so I assume this is a full version. I'll be in couch potato mode for a few hours.

Regards Russ
steveo_1965

Re: Lost Horizon

Post by steveo_1965 »

Hey Russ....
Very Cool!.......Let us know what your impressions were....
Steveo
russbrad

Re: Lost Horizon

Post by russbrad »

I saw some of the film for the first time as a teenager about 30yrs ago. The "question me an answer" scene I remember well from that time and the cave seen where you realise on leaving Shangri-La you quickly show your real age.
I love the whole sentiment because I'm an old romantic. It's not a film I'd watch repeatedly, but I listen to the soundtrack album quite regularly. I'm thinking whether I could incorporate any of the songs into my duo (guitar/piano vocal) along with the better known B/D songs we do. I'm also trying to introduce songs from "Painted from Memory". The thing with some pub/wine bar audiences is if a song is not instantly recognisable to them they turn off. A lot of people want a jazz/classic pops greatest hits singalong and not totally new songs.

Regards Russ