Can we put this to rest now?......

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Can we put this to rest now?......

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wir ... id=9475771

Regarding the above link (which reports on Burt's hospitalization), I couldn't help but notice the following:

"Publicist Linda Dozoretz says the 81-year-old composer is recovering at a hospital after the New Year's Eve surgery."

There has been much discussion here over the years as to whether Burt was born in 1928 or 1929. Burt's own publicist says in this press release that Burt is now 81. This means that he was born in 1928.

Can we all agree now that Burt was definitely born in 1928?
Susan Vincent

Re: Can we put this to rest now?......

Post by Susan Vincent »

Say Yes.... 1928 to Martini and Rossi on the Rocks... say YES...yes 8)
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Burt is "ageless" !

"blue"
Rio

Post by Rio »

I have no interest in discussing Burt's age, whether the question is settled or not. I like "ageless."
But I might as well make a simple point.

Enormous, it appears to me that Burt's publicist may not have said Burt's age. I don't think it is clear in the passage you quoted who -- if Linda Dozoretz or ABC News -- said said he is 81. According to what Mark believes to be her full statement, she did not go into that.

May Burt have a full, fast recovery, and manage to go through it in good spirits. I wish he could use his own music to help the healing process, as so many of us certainly would.