Dionne Warwick CD's

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Fussi

Dionne Warwick CD's

Post by Fussi »

Hi!

I'm new here. My name is Mark and I come from Germany. I recently ordered some Dionne Warwick CD's from the Collector's Choice label. What about the sound quality? Is it good?

Greetings! :D

Mark
ron hertel

Re: Dionne Warwick CD's

Post by ron hertel »

Hi Mark!

Welcome to the forum. Since you have already ordered them - you will soon be able to answer that question for yourself! ........ In general - most are quite good with the exception of the recent live CD's and the Concord released CD - "My Friends and Me" ..... Especially great are the 4 Rhino Handmade CD's ........ "THE WINDOWS OF THE WORLD / VALLEY OF THE DOLLS" ........."SOULFUL" ....... "PROMISES PROMISES / I'LL NEVER FALL IN LOVE AGAIN" .... and .... "VERY DIONNE". Each of these 4 CD's is loaded with bonus tracks - many were never previously released!
One more worthy recording is - "HOT, LIVE and OTHERWISE" and is available at David Nathan's Soul Music Store or at tower.com ........ Originally released in 1981 or 1982 - it contains some terrific live performances including a well executed medley of many Dionne classics as well as 4 or 5 studio cuts.

Enjoy!

Ron
Fussi

Post by Fussi »

Hey Ron!

Thanks for your reply! I must say that the Collector's Choice CDs are a big dissapointment. The sound quality is very bad. I also have the Sequel Records releases from 1995 and they are OK, so it's not a big problem. You're absolutely right about the Rhino Handmade CDs. They are brilliant! I can't understand why they didn't gave the same treatment to the other albums.

Greetings from Germany!

Mark
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Hi Mark,
2 weeks from now Rhino (Warner) is releasing a box-set in their Original Album Series here in Germany. It contains the "Presenting..."; "Anyone Who...";"Make Way...";"The Windows..."and "Valley..." albums. No bonus material, no extra booklet etc. it seems - just the original albums. I assume Rhino has done -as always - a good job remastering. Amazon.de lists an amazing price tag of only 19.99 for the whole 5 CD set. Cheers from Berlin, Andreas