A "Burt-Ful" Night on Glee

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Steve Schenck

A "Burt-Ful" Night on Glee

Post by Steve Schenck »

I don't often watch this show but, imagine my surprise when last night featured not only Kristen Chenowith, but also a few Burt tunes, namely "A House is Not a Home" and "One Less Bell." If I'm not mistaken, they covered the arrangement done by Barbra Streisand on her "Barbra Joan Streisand" album from the mid 70s, making a combo item out of those two songs. The guy who sang first, a character called Kurt did a great job, I thought. And I loved the arrangment - soft, moving, subtle. Then 2 others, including Kristen, did the combo of AHINAH and OLBTA. And for me, the highlight was when Chenowith's character is popping a CD into her player and she says, "Sometimes, you just need a little Burt," and on comes the intro to One Less Bell.
mrmagoo69

Re: A "Burt-Ful" Night on Glee

Post by mrmagoo69 »

I put the House Is Not A Home on the youtube folder but here it is again. Very nice version.

Rio

Post by Rio »

Jerry

Post by Jerry »

Hi, Steve--

I swear to you, for the four years I've been with my wife, "Sometimes You Just Need a Little Burt" is EXACTLY what I say to her!!!

I think she even agrees with me...Unless you are a Bacharachian, you just don't get it, although convincing others sure is fun!

All The Best,

Jerry
someonenameddavid

Post by someonenameddavid »

Well, for those of us who care: the last couple of episodes of Glee will (maybe) include the delightful Miss Eliza James in the Glee band (unless the heavy hand of the editor removes her)...

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.