Make way for Dionne Warwick

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

An Enormous BB Fan

Re: Make way for Dionne Warwick

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

steveo_1965, here's another album cover that will also bring back some great memories for you, as they do for me:

MexicanDivorce

Post by MexicanDivorce »

It´s very interesting to read all these interested things. When you take the "I´ll never fall in love again" cover and you look inside you see four Dionne´s picture, a little remembering to the early "Make way for".

I have made a picture of Dionne, with her three faces and use this photo for my mobile phone, it´s great and very individual.

I have ordered the original vinyl of "Anyone who had a heart" but it wasn´t the original Scepter LP, it is the french vogue version and it has a picture I never seen it of Dionne.
Presenting Cissy Houston
vocals on "Mexican Divorce" by Cissy Houston
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

An Enormous BB Fan wrote:
Pablo wrote: By the way, the Dionne (Scepter) covers are a bit dull, don't you think? (expect "Make way for..." and "Very Dionne", which I like). It's as if Scepter didn't care (or didn't have the budget, look at the "Promises promises" cover).
Do you think this is a dull cover?

I like that one (and the "Valley of the dolls" cover, too). I wonder where that photo was taken.