Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Blair N. Cummings

Re: Put Your Youtube.com Links Here! (if you want)

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

This clip has probably been posted somewhere among the 24 previous pages, but I`m not going to search through them all to confirm it.
In any event, it`s Richard Harris with Burt from a `72 tv special. There`s the obligatory rendition of "Didn`t We" ; but immediately following some inane scripted chatter, Harris does "If I Could Go Back" supported by the soundtrack instrumental. I doubt if he could have saved the movie, but it`s hard to disagree with one of the YouTube posters that Harris would have been a superior choice over Peter Finch for all sorts of reasons.
GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Sinatra and Dionne doing "YOU AND ME (WE WANTED IT ALL)" together. Up to now I wasn't aware that this were Carole Bayer Sager lyrics. To my (German) ears the words are fairly plain but it's still a very touching song. And it's a remarkable musical moment between the two of them. The chairman of the board showing up for a syndicated chart show. Clearly they admire each other and DW does nothing but support Sinatra performance and he comes out beautifully. I just love the kiss and raised fist:-)

Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Blair N. Cummings wrote:

This clip has probably been posted somewhere among the 24 previous pages, but I`m not going to search through them all to confirm it.
In any event, it`s Richard Harris with Burt from a `72 tv special. There`s the obligatory rendition of "Didn`t We" ; but immediately following some inane scripted chatter, Harris does "If I Could Go Back" supported by the soundtrack instrumental. I doubt if he could have saved the movie, but it`s hard to disagree with one of the YouTube posters that Harris would have been a superior choice over Peter Finch for all sorts of reasons.
It's so nice to hear Bacharach complimenting Jimmy Webb as the latter always said Bacharach was a big influence on him. And ,though Richard Harris is a not a technical singer I do think he is a fantastic interpreter (I've just bought the "Webb sessions" CD and I'm impressed.)
Sara D

Post by Sara D »

Anyone else here familiar with the Bricusse and Newley song 'It's a Musical World'? It's from the 1972 musical 'The Good Old Bad Old Days' and part of the song has a strong resemblance to the verse of 'Knowing When to Leave' and as this came four years after the opening of 'Promises, Promises' we know who might have influenced who. Sadly, the only version I could find on YouTube is by Petula Clark and Bruce Forsythe:

David_Noble

Post by David_Noble »

I think "It's a Musical World" has more of a resemblance to Tony Hatch's "I Know a Place" than "Knowing When to Leave". See -

Dave
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Stunning Jimmy Webb song.......with more than a passing nod to Burt !

"blue"
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Absolutely, blue, that could be Bacharach (and a H. David lyric also).

That youtube video sounds better than the horrible twofer Up up and away/Magic garden I own (terrible sound).
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Very incredible mix!!!!!
Bye
Rob
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Roberto Pinardi wrote:

Very incredible mix!!!!!
Bye
Rob
"This video contains content from Sony Music Entertainment and UMG. It is not available in your country."
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

.....Youtube...........!!!!!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
iomedia

Youtube of Close To You sung in a community event

Post by iomedia »

This song was requested during the social hour of Gawad
Kalinga Canada Launch Party at St Lawrence Hall in Toronto Canada
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9jnYGIOG1I .
blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Dionne and friends.......

"blue"
Bacharachian

Re: I Just Have to Breathe....

Post by Bacharachian »

Another Bacharach-David gem recorded by Dionne in '72 on her Warner Bros. debut album. Sadly this song was one of the last she'd record with them as they were soon to split...

A Journey Through Dionne's Discography:

blueonblue

Post by blueonblue »

Brilliant Bacharach instrumental....almost sounds like "The Look Of Love" (part two) !
Could anyone else compose this kind of music ?
Burt's unique, there's no else quite like him.......and probably never will be.

"blue"
An Enormous BB Fan

Post by An Enormous BB Fan »

Thanks "blue"! And you're right... Burt is the most unique and wonderful composer EVER!