notes from the tour

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

notes from the tour

Post by someonenameddavid »

According to my reliable correspondent; tonight (in Brescia) was the most incredible outpouring of warmth, hospitality and wine a group of musicians could ever hope for. They were guests of a highly respected wine growing family and were in awe of the atmosphere and friendliness and graciousness of their hosts.... Better get a good night's sleep: performance tomorrow.

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
vincent.cole

Re: notes from the tour

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour someonenameddavid;

Thanks for the update on the Burt tour!

Will you be in San Diego?

Take care mon ami.
someonenameddavid

Usually Ms. Eliza doesn't play when there is a full orchestra: however recently Burt played with an orchestra that she also usually plays in, and she was able to "train" the concertmaster as to Burt's requirements in style. Things went well. So I am not presuming anything, but if Burt chooses to use her in San Diego, then great: if not, then great too.

David
I will have to check her facebook page for updates, because she called twice from Brescia and that's a wee bit expensive
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
cipus

Post by cipus »

Concert at the Teatro Grande in Brescia. Burt and his band with two innovations: the brother of John Pagano on drums and a new piano in place of Rob Shrock: Bill Cantos. In the usual program, short version, some news: Cantos has performed the piano, singing "My Little Red Book", Josie sang "Are you there with another girl" and the trio of violin, clarinet and trumpet has performed "The Sundance Kid." Terrific all three new songs! The rest was usual in his perfect execution. Burt? Was ok and happy for the first class audience. Sunday in Rome with the 'Orchestra of Rome !!!!!
Hello friends here some photos from Forli' concert 2006 of Burt and from Milan concert 2007 of Dionne with Claudio, Antonella, Valentina and some friends and singers.
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour cipus;

Thanks for an update on some of the new songs for the show!

I wonder if Rob and David will be in any upcoming shows with Burt in the future? The both of them have been with Burt a very long time!
Take care;

Vincent
someonenameddavid

Vincent, you have to know that Dionne is in Europe with Rob this month.

Ciao

David
vincent.cole

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour someonenameddavid;

Yes I know Rob is Europe with Dionne.

A few years ago after a concert in Jersey, I asked Rob if Burt & Dionne both had concerts on the same day, which one would he perform act. Rob told me it would be Burt. Dionne could have had this Europe tour schedule before Burt's.

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
someonenameddavid

mario serra is having a great time
Last edited by someonenameddavid on Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
someonenameddavid

I was told that the Rome performance was awesome and that the Italian fans are awesome and you guys who post to this group from Italy are the nicest people.... what more could you ask for?????

David
gillanddon

Post by gillanddon »

Anymore news of Burt's Italian tour. Wish I was there .. can you imagine .. his music and those Italian summer nights!!
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

I am writing this over breakfast at my hotel in Lucca, in the Piazza Napoleone where Burt performed last night.
Am going to Pisa to get my plane home, so I will write more about the concert when I'm back in London - there were some very interesting moments.
someonenameddavid

So Mount Etna erupted and the band had to spend an extra night in Rome....
someonenameddavid

Had message that the band was on its way to Sicily.... Probably there by now

David
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Friends.....

Bye Bob
Roberto Pinardi

Post by Roberto Pinardi »

Burt, Band & Mario In Taormina

bye
ciao
Roberto