The San Francisco Show

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

someonenameddavid

The San Francisco Show

Post by someonenameddavid »

Was for a bunch of ignorant lawyers (!)
Burt stopped the show and told them to shut up and listen !!!!!

He _is_ The Judge

(David)
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
steveo_1965

Re: The San Francisco Show

Post by steveo_1965 »

Here come da judge....Here come da judge!
;)
I remember one time when Burt finally made the Hollywood Bowl(that was a great
moment in his career, somewhere around 1973) He started to play This Guys In Love With YOu" with the Orchestra..
Some teenagers behind the bowl in the hills, started shouting, disrupting the song...
Burt totally stopped...waited for a moment, and started from the beginning again...
Burt, if you are reading this, do you remember that? He has always had the ability to command respect while perfoming his music...a wonderful thing.

Steveo
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

David,

given your direct link to the inner sanctum, please tell us more about the concert - songs played? size and reaction of audience? any guest singers? any other snippets? Any songs needed to be played twice?!!
steveo_1965

Post by steveo_1965 »

I agree, Dave...any details?
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

David,

it's not like you not to respond - hope all is well, or perhaps you are on one of your many holidays?
someonenameddavid

Not responded because I haven't been able to extract much information from Ms. Eliza about the show: other than it was shorter than usual and another drummer filled in for Vinnie Pagano. On her way back from SF she met Oscar Seaton (who is a major force in Drumming, and with whom she played the Sundance Festival a few years ago) so it was nice to meet an old friend (he is touring with Lionel Ritchie). As for vacations ,none, but I did go to two doctors' meetings in Orlando and I am now an expert in treating "periodic familial hypokalemic paralysis"...

David
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.
nowmedical

Post by nowmedical »

Just give them bananas presumably?
someonenameddavid

Ah: Nowmedical, that is where the world of the obvious departs from the world of genetic channelopathies. The carbohydrates in Bananas will precipitate a hypokalemic event and the potassium delivered is minimal. My patients get 80-100 mEqs a day. (way off topic better us PMs)
David
jimm1909

Post by jimm1909 »

steveo_1965 wrote:I agree, Dave...any details?
So can we get details? I'll be in San Francisco next week.

Thanks,

-Jim
Tour San Francisco Operator