Burt, Hal and Dionne ... APPEARING TOGETHER

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

ron hertel

Burt, Hal and Dionne ... APPEARING TOGETHER

Post by ron hertel »

According to the "Official Dionne Warwick Page" on Facebook .......... they will appear together at the Clive Davis Theater @ the Grammy Museum in Los Angeles on February 28th to celebrate Dionne's 50th year in the business. ....... Scheduled to include a "Q and A" session with the audience along with a special performance. ....... It is reportedly presented by American Express. ... Info @ 213/765-6803. ..... Unless Burt and Dionne announce a joint 2012 concert tour - this just sounds like another congratulatory media event!
vincent.cole

Re: Burt, Hal and Dionne ... APPEARING TOGETHER

Post by vincent.cole »

Bonjour Ron;

Will you be going?

Take care mon ami.

Vincent
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Hey Vincent!

No plans to attend this event; however, if a joint appearance concert is scheduled this year .... I'LL BE THERE!
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Ron, you`re starting to sound like me! It`s impossible to imagine the purpose of this "event" unless they`re going to astonish us by revealing a new album. Otherwise, what can they do but nod at the calendar and agree that, "Yep! It`s been fifty years alright...and forty since we last did any creative work together". Perhaps this would be the moment for Dionne to thank all concerned and announce her retirement.
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Blair! ..... Oh no! - what's happening? ... Must be contagious! ... All kidding aside - I guess my position on this subject is slowly evolving. ... Still would like to see the Kennedy Center annual program honor Burt, Hal and Dionne!

Attended a truly great tribute to Dionne @ the Kodak Theater in Hollywood back in January of 2006 celebrating her 45th year in the business. ... This was the David Gest produced project which was a 4 hour video taped performance for television that never was broadcast because of the complex competing legal issues associated with it. ...... I reported on this in the forum back then. - It was truly a great musical tribute with Dionne - in exceptionally fine voice - performing with her late sister Dee Dee, Burt Bacharach, Della Reese, Gloria Estefan, Olivia Newton John, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, Jeffrey Osbourne, Leslie Uggams, Kashif, Nancy Wilson and others. ......... This will likely never be televised but would make for a great release on DVD in the future.
Blair N. Cummings

Post by Blair N. Cummings »

Did this occur and did anything interesting come of it?
ron hertel

Post by ron hertel »

Blair:
The most updated info I have is that it has been rescheduled for Monday, March, 26th (likely rescheduled because of Whitney's passing). The event is apparently SOLD OUT!