R.I.P.-Donna Summer

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

Bruce Bernard Williams

R.I.P.-Donna Summer

Post by Bruce Bernard Williams »

Disco Queen Donna Summer died this morning at age 63. She and Dionne were great friends. My thoughts and prayers are with her husband, children, family, and many, many fans.
GehVorbei

Re: R.I.P.-Donna Summer

Post by GehVorbei »

Very sad and unexpected news! She defined an era and looking at her body of work from today's perspective - she truly was a great artist. RIP!
grooverider

Post by grooverider »

'State of Independence" (1982) co-written by Vangelis, background vocals include: Dionne Warwick, Michael Jackson, Michael Mc Donald, Stevie Wonder, Lionel Richie, Kenny Loggins, Christopher Cross and actors Dyan Cannon and Peggy Lipton ("The Mod Squad"). Produced by Quincy Jones:

GehVorbei

Post by GehVorbei »

Jon Landau, the chairman of the nominating committee at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, also issued a statement — an unusual one in which he said it was unfortunate that the hall had never inducted her.

“There is absolutely no doubt that the extraordinary Donna Summer belongs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,” Mr. Landau wrote. “Regrettably, despite being nominated on a number of occasions, our voting group has failed to recognize her — an error I can only hope is finally and permanently rectified next year.”"

And Sir Elton John:

"That she has never been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is a total disgrace, especially when I see the second-rate talent that has been inducted."