Random great songs not written by Burt.

The Burt Bacharach Forum is a board to discuss the music and career of composer Burt Bacharach and performers associated with his songs.

Moderator: mark

nowmedical

Re: Random great songs not written by Burt.

Post by nowmedical »

Hey Blue, this is a bit predictable for you! Delve deeper, surely?
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

blueonblue wrote:Hi Geoff,
Here's one you might like...in the style of Bacharach.
Arranged and produced by Jimmy Webb.

"blue"

Thanks so much. I think I heard this song from back in the days when i use to frequent the boards but wasn't a member. Its's cool to hear that Bacharach style of production with 80's instrumentation. That orchestra sweeps at 1:33 and 2:32 is disgustingly beautiful.

On another note I just realized they are the same group that sings Breakout. I use to hear that song playing as a little kid when my dad used to drive me home from school.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

GehVorbei wrote:I love Rufus Wainwright, who has worked with Burt. And I like the song he recently wrote for Shirley Bassey:

I totally dig what Damon Albarn has brought to Bobby Womack's great comeback album this summer. Here is with Lana Del Rey:

And if I had to pick just one composer/writer/singer from the last decade that ranks with the alltime greats for me, it would be Antony Hegarty of Antony & The Johnsons. Here is duetting with Boy George:

Very eclectic taste.
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

HEY GUYS I POSTED A WHOLE BUNCH OF SONGS ON THE FIRST PAGE. NOT ONE PERSON EVEN REVIEWED OR COMMENTED ON ANY OF MY SONGS. IS THAT HOW THINGS WORK AROUND THESE PARTS???
geoff85

Post by geoff85 »

I like this board but at times it is really dead. My apologies if that applies to anyone literally.